What was your first gig?

We all remember our first gig so who did you go to see first? mine was Slade, I think it must have been about 1975 at the Liverpool Empire, I was a big fan and it was amazing to see my hero’s in the flesh, great gig and I remember leaving covered in sweat :smiley:

Did a few festivals way back when they were a new thing, good times but bo idea who was on :slight_smile:

I’ve never ever been to one in my whole life. Glastonbury? Meh.

Steppenwolf at the Lyceum in the Strand, 1979. Went to Glastonbury in 1981 (it was £8 to get in and there were 15,000 people there.) Went to Stonehenge Free Festival in 1982.

The Damned at Ipswich, or Bad News (Rik Mayal Ade Edmonson etc) at Norwich UEA, cant remember which one i went to first…

Gonna have to have a real hard think about this one, was a long time ago and I’ve been to so many. Pub gigs are a different thing here, I take it you mean proper venue gigs.
BBIAB…

Used to goto a small venue that had local bands on but don’t think any of them made it big! First big gig was clash of the titans at the nec. Slayer, Megadeth, Testament and Suicidal Tendencies. Made my ears hurt.

Mine would be The Equals at a club in Paignton around 1970/71. Then a few at Reading Uni, Steppenwolf/John Kay Band, Lindisfarne a few times, the Quo, Roxy Music on their first tour. Paid a weeks wages (£8) to a tout to see Led Zepp at Oxford New Theatre but worth every penny as they were late on stage so The Band’s double album Rock of Ages was played over the sound system which was brilliant!!! :smiley: Then I got married…that ended me going to gigs. :cry:

Pete.

First proper gig was Golden Earring at the Theatre Royal, Norwich. Ive seen many, many top bands from around the world but can honestly say that this was truly one of the very best ive ever witnessed. I can vividly remember the sense of awe at their stage presence like it was only last week (it was in fact `73), and their musicianship was just breathtaking.

First gig was The Shadows, either '88 or '89 at St. David’s Hall in Cardiff, and they were brilliant.

Seen most of rock n roll’s top headbangers since then, but they were the first.

I think it was Feeder in 2002 iirc at the Colston Hall in Bristol. I think in the same year I saw Iron Maiden at the Cardiff International Arena.

First one was Duran Duran at Wembley arena in 1984 :slight_smile:

Saxone. Was invited, and pretty good they were too. They had a big Jumbo Eagle there if I remember rightly.

Ice T at Leeds Uni. Free tickets for me and some mates from anther mate. We thought what the hell. All I say is…we stood out.

gene vincent and the blue caps , does that give my age away ?

Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel Newcastle 1975