What was in the box?

was driving down the A1 yesterday and just passed newark a wide load passed in the opposite direction, it had a massive wooden crate on the trailer, about the width of 2 trucks together and about as high and as long as a rigid i’d say.

it must of been heavy because along with the towing unit it also had its twin another 5 axel unit pushing the 8 axel trailer so it must of been heavy :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: .

its a shot in the dark but just wondered what they were moving - somone might have the connections on here to find out or even know :grimacing:

cheers.

That kind of weight is generally a transformer, all copper and steel,

brown & darlings pay-off (in euro’s of course)… :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

V8Actros:
brown & darlings pay-off (in euro’s of course)… :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

surely that would need a convoy

This?

loaded that out of where i work on monday impressive looking bit of kit that man and the faun(i think).
rob
p.s.
in that box is a dax turbo generator they go inside power stations and the sort

robv8:

This?

yes that is it :smiley: i remember the BRUSH printed on the box, it looked bigger though when i passed it on the other carriageway, mind i was travelling at 56mph do didnt get a proper look :blush: :blush: :blush:

AFAIK The rear motive unit is more for braking than pushing.

No doubt Rikki will be along soon to put us all right. :laughing:

Might be going to or from Lincoln (Ruston Gas Turbines, European Gas Turbines, Alsthom, Seimens or what they are calling themselves) ?

Taken from Brush, Loughborough to Immingham for shipment to Pakistan, weighed in at 152,500 kg. The TGX would of pulled it on its own, but the rear Faun was just in case. You can operate the trailer brakes seperately from the front cab.