What was his problem?

I’m puzzled, I got on the m1 north the other day at j13, to go off at 14, there was a uk artic (can’t remember co. name) in lane one doing just 40mph after the roadworks, I am in a 6t spec lift recovery vehicle at 55mph so I overtook him, with plenty of space etc, when I came alongside his cab he honked his horn and was giving me hand gestures etc and clearly upset at something, I carried on past him and pulled back to lane one further up, making sure I was well ahead of him, a couple of miles up I looked in the mirror to see him move to lane 2 with nothing to overtake! As I say in traffic half way up j14 exit slip, I looked across as he passed, still in lane 2 and giving me the finger! I had a look over my truck when I got on scene with my job on top of 14, and there was nothing wrong!

Can anybody give me a clue as to what this nobbers problem was?!

you overtook him, he is a tool

end of!!
and if you worry about it even more, you will be as much of a tool as he was :wink:

Lol I’m not worried about it, just curious! If he doesn’t like being overtaken, don’t do 40mph on the m1, simples!

I think he had a crush on you, he just had a weird way of showing it.

Another one to look out for is after passing them they put it into neutral on a downhill get past you and cut back in close. Usually after when you were already passing them and trapped them behind a slower mover shortly before. This seems to be to teach you a lesson for not knocking it back a few clicks to let them pull out, in exactly the same way on they didn’t on the previous half mile you were trying to get past.

There’s also just the flash/honk you on an A-road thinking they know you or something which leaves you crawling along for the next mile looking for a hazard, scamera van or expecting something to fall off the lorry.

Blow him a kiss next time

:smiley: this sounds like a scene from the roadrunner and the tazmainian devil was he loaded with wooden crates with acme written on them…mee mee :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: