what vehicle

what lgv vehicles did your learn to drive in, do u think it matters what vehicle u learn in ie volvo, daf

lgamston:
what lgv vehicles did your learn to drive in, do u think it matters what vehicle u learn in ie volvo, daf

From what I have read from other trainees and from what I have taught trainees in myself - I would say that is does not matter what make of truck but I would strongly recommend a full size 18 tonner (10 wheel nuts) and not one of those little 12 to 15 tonner ones (8 wheel nuts) that look like overgrown 7.5s (6 wheel nuts)

what it is rog where i work we have a k reg fl10 for putting trailers in garage and that and i drive that fine so…

lgamston:
what it is rog where i work we have a k reg fl10 for putting trailers in garage and that and i drive that fine so…

No probs then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley:

ROG:

lgamston:

From what I have read from other trainees and from what I have taught trainees in myself - I would say that is does not matter what make of truck but I would strongly recommend a full size 18 tonner (10 wheel nuts) and not one of those little 12 to 15 tonner ones (8 wheel nuts) that look like overgrown 7.5s (6 wheel nuts)

The vehicle size does not matter a pass is a pass.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

ROG:

lgamston:

The vehicle size does not matter a pass is a pass.

You may find that is not the opinion of many on here as, from previous posts, it has been recommended that a full size be used for training.

In my opinion a full size is better, get used to it whilst you are with an instructor.

If you learn in a toy 13t Iveco and then get a job driving a Scania or an FM with a sleeper cab for your first solo it’s another thing to worry about the size.