What to wear?

After passing Cat C and getting Initial CPC earlier this year, I now have my first couple of interviews lined up. One at 6pm tonight and 1 on Monday. :smiley:

The trouble is, these will be my first interviews that aren’t for an office job in well over 10 years so I am unsure what to wear to make the right impression. I think going in a suit would probably be over-doing it and could give the wrong impression. Maybe trousers & shirt with decent looking steel toe-caps and hi-vis vest is more appropriate?

I don’t know and could use some help asap please guys.

Smart casual but keep work kit in boot in case of an assessment

I would wear what you’d expect to wear at work … Clean work trousers shirt (polo) safety footwear carry hi viz gloves just in case.

Just to add IF you get a drive before you set off Check the HEIGHT meter in the cab is set right :wink:

I wore jeans for mine and a smart top, boots etc at hand for test drive although that ended up being next day. Good luck! :smiley:

I went for an interview after work last night, I had been out in the wagon the night before and did a days work and headed straight from work to their yard, a tad unshaven face and head and a bit grubby clothes wise after loading and unloading a few time through the day but smelt nice at least, I apologised for my appearance and the guy said he reckoned he looked shabbier :laughing:
When he asked what I thought of the set up I threw my ■■■■■■ in, I told him " I am very impressed by his enthusiasm for the business and I think he will take it a long way" I got a job offer today :wink: :sunglasses:
To be fair he was enthusiastic :wink:

Armani suit,a pair of gucci loafers ,a pair of raybans incase its sunny on your driving assesment :wink:

seth 70:
Armani suit,a pair of gucci loafers ,a pair of raybans incase its sunny on your driving assesment :wink:

WHAT no driving gloves :open_mouth: your dropping the standard expected of a driver :wink:

nick2008:

seth 70:

WHAT no driving gloves :open_mouth: your dropping the standard expected of a driver :wink:

OOO yea i forgot them ,i nice pair of black leather driving gloves ,my hivis vest will be known as a tabard ,i once went for a job and was like a dogs dinner ,the gaffer said he was wanted me to go for a assesment and see me dropping trailers etc,i said i couldnt because i had just worked 6 days and was on weekly rest,he said well done for telling him that and staying legal,got the job :laughing:

I wore jeans & blouse got offered the job didnt need work kit ( but knew that before I went )

Thanks all.

Went with casual shirt and trousers on Friday and felt really over dressed. Will pick out a pair of decent jeans for tomorrow instead.

No hope of Friday’s interview going any further. Guy pretty much told me that there was an applicant with 26 years experience that is pretty much a shoe in. Ah well.

andygt4:
No hope of Friday’s interview going any further. Guy pretty much told me that there was an applicant with 26 years experience that is pretty much a shoe in. Ah well.

What makes you so sure of that? Although age discrimination is illegal it’s possible his age would go against him if it’s a physical job. Also someone with 26 years experience doesn’t make them a good driver. Some companies also want fresh drivers who they can mould into someone with their companies ethics instead of a set in their way been there done that driver.
Don’t beat yourself down and good luck with the job.

Guy pretty much told me on that one the only reason I was called in was for him to share advice :confused: