What to wear for an interview/assessment

should i dress smart like for regular interviews or in decent work clothes that can get dirty if they want me to couple/uncouple

thanks

hankthejeweller:
should i dress smart like for regular interviews or in decent work clothes that can get dirty if they want me to couple/uncouple

thanks

Dess smart and Be prepared… take a pair of overalls and boots that will impress :wink: Just in case they ask you to get down n dirty :wink:

hankthejeweller■■ In your case,lots of bling !! Where are you applying ?Brinks Mat…:laughing:

Smart casual. Dress to impress. You are applying for a position whereby you will be ‘representing’ the image of the company. If it is stated that a driving assessment will be involved, then wear, or have available, protective footwear, and possibly gloves.

I’ve never heard of any assessment, at interview stage, that would involve demonstrating uncoupling/recoupling, and if it were to happen, without prior warning, then I would be questioning whether it was a company that I would want to seek work with.

:wink:

thanks for the replies…

after only 1 month of agency work i have decided its not for me so i will take a couple of days off next week and see if i can get something permanent (1 month experience is better than none right?)

i had just assumed that they would do an assessment after an interview if they were going to do one

The last time I went for a job I went in the office had a chat,filled out the forms,took the truck for a spin with the top man ,& they wanted me to start next day. Only time I ever had the coupling test was on agency .

Krankee:
I’ve never heard of any assessment, at interview stage, that would involve demonstrating uncoupling/recoupling, and if it were to happen, without prior warning, then I would be questioning whether it was a company that I would want to seek work with.

:wink:

Big Container haulier in Cannock, purely because the units were parked up unhitched, suppose similar could happen at a lot of places though really, particularly supermarket RDCs?

harry:
The last time I went for a job I went in the office had a chat,filled out the forms,took the truck for a spin with the top man ,& they wanted me to start next day. Only time I ever had the coupling test was on agency .

My last start i didnt even do that phoned em up at about 2 had the usual chat put phone down boss rang me back about 10 min later sayin you fit to go down the road tonight change over in calais.

harry:
hankthejeweller■■ In your case,lots of bling !! Where are you applying ?Brinks Mat…:laughing:

Funny… a little while back I went for an interview in a …Group 4 uniform!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Didn’t get me anywhere… :frowning: :imp: :smiling_imp:

There’s lack of experience for you!

well if you r goin for a job then i no that some people like get an interveiw straight after work so i think this shows that you are commited to your work even though you are leaving another company to go with a different company ma dad did that and ended up with a job lol but ended up quitin because they F**ked him about if you are wonderin wat company R T Keedwell