What to do

Hey guys I’m in abit of a pickle of what to do.right I’m on analogue tachographs at the moment and everything fine until I get back to depot.transport manager wants me to take another truck out.he shows me how to fill in the back of the tachograph chart with another vehicles details etc etc.and so it records my driving time etc etc on my chart.i put it in the new vehicle but i damaged the chart shutting the door.i then realise there’s scratches all over my chart.i kept my original chart but put a new chart into record the rest of my shift.ive put explanations on the backs of my charts but I’m just so annoyed at myself for getting into a situation like this.have I done a major mistake by doing this?

Any advice please guys.i know I’m a idiot but ur replies are appreciated. :unamused:

scottythegeordie:
Hey guys I’m in abit of a pickle of what to do.right I’m on analogue tachographs at the moment and everything fine until I get back to depot.transport manager wants me to take another truck out.he shows me how to fill in the back of the tachograph chart with another vehicles details etc etc.and so it records my driving time etc etc on my chart.i put it in the new vehicle but i damaged the chart shutting the door.i then realise there’s scratches all over my chart.i kept my original chart but put a new chart into record the rest of my shift.ive put explanations on the backs of my charts but I’m just so annoyed at myself for getting into a situation like this.have I done a major mistake by doing this?

Any advice please guys.i know I’m a idiot but ur replies are appreciated. :unamused:

Not an issue at all- VOSA know that we do live in reality and things like this happen- particularly with paper charts. If you’ve put an explanation on both then just carry on as normal and keep both for that day paper clipped together- its clear one picks up from the other ect and this is exactly what they would want to see you do in that situation.

Your all good… chill! :sunglasses:

Race Trucker:

scottythegeordie:

Not an issue at all- VOSA know that we do live in reality and things like this happen- particularly with paper charts. If you’ve put an explanation on both then just carry on as normal and keep both for that day paper clipped together- its clear one picks up from the other ect and this is exactly what they would want to see you do in that situation.

Your all good… chill! :sunglasses:

as above , you could just put 1/2 and 2/2 just to make it clear for the SS

:smiley:

I would off just done as you did. As long as there kept together you’ll be all good.

We’ve all done it, usually managed to drop the flamin thing when the wind catches it and chucks it a convenient puddle, amazing how easily the charts get scratched once you’ve half used 'em and desperate to keep them damage free for vehicle change.

Above advice is spot on, VOSA will be OK unless you do this too often then they’ll start to question.

Worse when you have to swap newer vehicles regularly and get infringements for the overlapping or unaccounted time, it might be easy enough on older Digi’s to add manual entries, but latest Siemens or worse still the bloody Stonebridge need an IT expert not a hairy arsed lorry driver trying to peer into the murky depths of the headboard to input data.

Are you running bent?
Are you falsifying records?
Are you destroying records?
Are you doing everything you can to cover yourself and to show explanations of your actions?

No
No
No
Yes

Then chill out man, turn over to mellow magic.

When you write on the back of the chart be sure to use a felt tipped pen or similar, not a biro which will cause the scratching effect on the waxed front.

Juddian:
We’ve all done it, usually managed to drop the flamin thing when the wind catches it and chucks it a convenient puddle, amazing how easily the charts get scratched once you’ve half used 'em and desperate to keep them damage free for vehicle change.

Above advice is spot on, VOSA will be OK unless you do this too often then they’ll start to question.

Worse when you have to swap newer vehicles regularly and get infringements for the overlapping or unaccounted time, it might be easy enough on older Digi’s to add manual entries, but latest Siemens or worse still the bloody Stonebridge need an IT expert not a hairy arsed lorry driver trying to peer into the murky depths of the headboard to input data.

even better when you leave it on top of dash and you spray air freshener in cab before you park for the night totally wipes everything of the disc lol…

nick2008:
you could just put 1/2 and 2/2 just to make it clear

Exactly what I used to do in that situation

scottythegeordie:

What would you do if the manager said, take Jim with you and take fleet numbers 8 & 9 to the garage, then there are two trucks to come back here. When you get back take number 10 and Jim can pick you up in my car. Then you can nip out and load your trailer for tomorrow, but use Jims unit.

You have driven 5 different vehicles, there is only space for three changes so you would need another chart. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not so many years ago we had two main types of tachographs. Veeder Root and Lucas Kienzle. It was a daily occurrence to have two or three charts a day.

Unrelated by I don’t like using the black tachos, not sure why