What to do next..?

Hi guys, I passed my class C licence in August 2011, but as I had a baby due wanted to stick in my current job (forklift driving) as it was secure and I didn’t fancy being out of work whilst having to buy cots, pushchairs etc.
Anyhow baby arrived in January and my job is looking very shaky. I’ve had my hours cut with no chance of overtime and several people have been made redundant.
So now I want to take the chance and move on with my class C licence and was wandering where to go and what to do next?
Do I have to have CPC training now or can I do it later? Digi tacho card?
I’m also debating doing a HIAB course.
Any advice or help is appreciated and with my job like this at the moment I’m just glad I did my class C before this happened.

Hi Karlos
As for CPC i dont know did you pass a Car test Before 1997 ? if so you will have grandad rights in that case no you can s=do the 35 hrs in a class room spread over a few months .
But Hiab Is Alway handy and will give you a batter Chance of work with the Agents as will the Moffet licence if you already have a counterbalance Flt then you could do the Moffet upgrade .
Best of Luck Roy

You definitely need to get yourself a digi card if you want to drive Class 2s as most vehicles these days run digitally.

Secondly, you should have received a Driver Qualification Card in the post shortly after passing your Class 2, on that there should be an expiry date, that date is when you have to-sit your 35 hours of CPC training. Mine is 2016 as I passed in Dec 11, so I imagine yours will be something similar just a bit earlier.

Sam

Thanks for the replies, I passed my driving test in 2001 so I don’t have grandad rights. So this means I have to sit my 35 hours of cpc before I can drive?
Also the driver qualification card, do you mean my driving license with the new categories added?
As for the digi card I’ve just ordered the forms from the DVLA website :slight_smile:
Many thanks Karl

Did you do modules 2 & 4 ?

No, I haven’t done anything other than my theory and practical and now apply for a digi card.

who did you do your training with? I can’t see how you did your test without doing your modules 2&4 for the dcpc, very odd

Hi, I did my training with a company called 2 start ltd based in Portsmouth. I really don’t recall doing any modules 2&4…■■ Would this have been theory or practical?

Hi Karlos, modules 2 & 4 are theory and practical i think. Someone will be along to give you the definative answer soon.

Mod 2 is theory and done at a theory test centre , mod 4 is a practical show me test done at the test centre

I went and done my theory. hazard perception and case studies all at once. I done Mod 4 which is a practical demonstration and these are MUST requirements to drive commercially if you don’t have grandad rights.

If you do your hiab corse, go with a company that will add the hours of training to your cpc

You MUST do Mod 2 and Mod 4 before you do anything else. You cant drive professionally legally without them. Any periodic training you do prior to passing Mod 2 and Mod 4 cannot register so dont waste your money on periodic training.

Hope that helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: