What to do and how to do it?

First post here so please take your time with me and please don’t shout at me if I’m in the wrong section or something.

A little history first. I passed my Class 1 in 1989, I worked in the UK until Jan 2009 when I left England and I haven’t returned since then. I had a call from my sister in 2010 telling me I’d had a letter regarding my medical for my 50th birthday which was due in Dec 2010. I asked her to call them and explain I was out of the country and didn’t know when I’d be returning, she did this and the answer was along the lines of “it’s ok, he can renew it when he returns”.

Now I’m thinking of returning and looking at working again. Can anyone advise me about how to renew the medical and also how I’d stand regarding this new CPC thing ? I’ve had a brief look at various threads here and have spoken to other people but nobody seems to have a definite answer.

Easy answers to both bits: get D4 form from the internet and take it to any doctor. Send it with D2 and you’ll get your licence back.

For driver cpc you have a choice. You can either do 35 hours periodic training or take the initial driver cpc which is a case studies test at the theory test centre followed by a practical demonstration test at the driving test centre (vehicle required).

Either way you’ll be covered for 5 years during which time you need to complete 35 hours periodic training.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Easy answers to both bits: get D4 form from the internet and take it to any doctor. Send it with D2 and you’ll get your licence back.

For driver cpc you have a choice. You can either do 35 hours periodic training or take the initial driver cpc which is a case studies test at the theory test centre followed by a practical demonstration test at the driving test centre (vehicle required).

Either way you’ll be covered for 5 years during which time you need to complete 35 hours periodic training.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for that Pete, is it ok if I send you a PM as you’re actually not far from where I’d be based again ?.