WHAT THE ....?

I was heading south on the M1 on Tuesday morning at about 0630, ie it was still dark. A few miles south of J28 (A38), just as I was going under a bridge, there was a double flash similar to the speed camera flashes you used to get. Immediately checked my speed, which was 85kph, or less than 56mph. There was no temporary speed limit in operation so I’m wondering what it was. It definitely wasn’t a wagon behind me flashing someone else in (too bright). If it was a speed camera - and I don’t think there are that many on motorways - could it have been flashing a car on the northbound? Anyone got any ideas? I’m currently sitting on six points so I’m concerned to say the least…

Shouldnt worry about it i have seen them go of for no reason not sure why the m1 apparantley has loads and they are all on and set at 70 according to recent press reports

hanson:
Shouldnt worry about it i have seen them go of for no reason not sure why the m1 apparantley has loads and they are all on and set at 70 according to recent press reports

I once saw the Southbound overhead gantry camera flash near Cribbs Causeway last year when the Southbound motorway was actually shut .

Timed self test.

Got flashed by the southbound camera on the A1.It’s the first one after joining the A1 from the A720 in Scotland…

Car was overtaking me ‘at speed’ at the same time, so I think the sensors in the ground got us mixed up…

Not heard anything for months now…