What the hell was up with this country today

As the topic says. :angry:

Every road must have been at a standstill.It took me 4 hours from Brackmills to Leeds,so that was another 14 hour day. :angry:

I have decided,however,to cease driving artics from a week Monday,and concentrate on my Berlingo van instead.

So it’s no more tachos,being treated like a leper everywhere I go,stroppy security guards/booking in clerks,transport managers who don’t know their arse from their elbow,and working to line someone else’s pocket.

Ken.

Every road must have been at a standstill.It took me 4 hours from Brackmills to Leeds,so that was another 14 hour day.
I have decided,however,to cease driving artics from a week Monday,and concentrate on my Berlingo van instead.

:question: :question: :question: scratches head :exclamation: - does the van go faster than an artic through traffic which is at a standstill :confused: :slight_smile:

Sorry Rog,it was a long day,and I kinda went off on one.

What I meant to say was,that I was fed up with being stuck in traffic today,and driving artics in general with all the stress that goes with them,and especially the last 2 days,where I’ve picked up 2 different trailers,and had 2 bald tyres on each one,thanks to the previous drivers not doing their checks properly,therfore maeaning I’m having to work long hours because of their incompetence,whilst awaiting tyre fitters.(4 Hours for one yesterday!!! :angry: :angry: )

So now when I’m in my van,any defects are down to the one driver…ME.

Ken.

if you think you think that your going to be lining your own pockets by driving a Berlingo van,id think again there friend.Unless your going to be using it for a ‘bank job’ id stick to the artics,im presuming your going into the courier industry,i know people working 60+hrs a week just to clear £250-£300 if there lucky! loads of grief too,still treated like leppers for less money! £2000+ git insurance,crap mileage rates,companies promising you £600+ a week where in reality thats 1 week of the year Christmas again if your lucky! Good Luck but you wont be getting paid for sitting in jams any-more in-fact you will be losing money! :wink:

must admit since ive been on days for 3 months it seems a different world, if im not stuck in traffic its t.o ringing me seeing if i cant get somewhere else quick as theres trucks stuck in traffic, tailbacks from r.t.as etc.
nights seemed so much easier to get around.

Sorry Rog,it was a long day,and I kinda went off on one.

No need to apologise :slight_smile: We all get days like that,
I was having a :laughing: at what seemed to be weird logic.

Friend of mine is clearing on average,£500 plus per week,after off takes,and he doesn’t work any more hours than what he did on artics,and he’s home every night.

His best week,was £1700 at the top, (2 weeks ago.) and after diesel,wages etc,he cleared £700.

But who mentioned anything about courier work?

Ken.

apoligies for being presumptious :blush: …so errr its definitley a 'bank-job’then :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Quinny:
have decided,however,to cease driving artics from a week Monday,and concentrate on my Berlingo van instead.
Ken.

I reckon its a Berlingo minibus and you are transporting LGV drivers to MSAs where they take over from other LGV drivers who ran out of hours in the stationary traffic :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Quinny:
have decided,however,to cease driving artics from a week Monday,and concentrate on my Berlingo van instead.
Ken.

I reckon its a Berlingo minibus and you are transporting LGV drivers to MSAs where they take over from other LGV drivers who ran out of hours in the stationary traffic :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

…PURE GENIOUS Rog :bulb: Ive think youve just found a niche in the market,im gona buy me an old nail down at the auctions then get onto Dragons Den im sure id get the £200,000 i need to set-up ‘my’ new venture,its a money maker thats for sure! :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: