What the hell is this?

I was out for a wlak today with the family when i saw this in a field near a very busy junction just here

It was in a field lower than the road which is probably why it has those boom cameras that can be set higher than the vehicle they were packing up when i passed it there were no markings apart from chevron on the back door.

The photos are too big for Trucknet pages so ill put a link on does anyone know what it is or what its for?.

Is this another way to spy on us or is it a speed camera nicley hidden in the undergrowth? not so close to a junction surely.

Could it be a road tax van?.

usera.imagecave.com/jammymutt/speed/DSCF0099.JPG

usera.imagecave.com/jammymutt/speed/DSCF0100.JPG

usera.imagecave.com/jammymutt/speed/DSCF0101.JPG

usera.imagecave.com/jammymutt/speed/DSCF0102.JPG

The 4th photo is just to let you know where it was it was to the left of the roadsign theres a white bit in the middle of the pic which may be the roof of the van.

These things are often used around trouble spots on estates, parks etc

Basically it’s just a CCTV van. the cameras are on telescopic masts so can be raised to about 30ft. Might be there for anything, maybe they’ve had a problem with fly tipping, graffiti anything really.

Might be being used for some kind of traffic survey?

Coffeeholic:
Might be being used for some kind of traffic survey?

Isnt that what the pensioners with the flasks and tartan blankets do in the Toyotas?. :laughing:

Maybe these are hi-tech pensioners?

It would look like 2 of the ‘cameras’ are pointing to the ground.

Could it be a camera van from the BBC,filming a new wildlife documentary on ground creatures,which Sir Richard Attenborough will narrate? :laughing:

Ken.

Jammy - this is a " Lithuanian Road Tax Detector "…

After you posted on the "Racism In The Haulage Industry " Forum, complaining about the LT reg cars, the D.V.L.A. acted quickly.

It’s just a shame that the hidden van has it’s camera’s pointing towards the floor… :blush:

Ah Well, the thought was there :sunglasses:

Hang on a minute. Let’s look at the evidence.

Close to a junction where vehicles are slowing down? Bushes and undergrowth? Cameras pointing at the ground?

Solved. They are monitoring the amount of bottles containing DNA thrown from cabs. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Niall:
Jammy - this is a " Lithuanian Road Tax Detector "…

But you cant detect waht doesnt exist can you? :sunglasses:

Shame on you Neil.

Your’e the man who pollutes the countryside with Yellow Volvic :open_mouth:

Never heard of such things meself…

That’s why the van had the cameras pointing down Jammy.

Bowing their heads in sorrow. :cry:

I would guess that it is some sort of environmental vehicle checking for noise or vibration.

Lithuanian cars have road tax on the number plates like the Germans :stuck_out_tongue:

Niall:
Shame on you Neil.

Your’e the man who pollutes the countryside with Yellow Volvic :open_mouth:

Never heard of such things meself…

Not me mate, I don’t buy fancy water so don’t have the empties. I would need a bottle with a far larger neck anyway. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Its the mole catcher… :open_mouth:

Ive seen these vans on the A1 near peterborough several times, nearly always in the same spot too, I think theyre monitoring traffic flows etc

The budgets a bit tight this year for Big Brother.

Arfa:
The bugets a bit tight this year for Big Brother.

Day 1 and a tall Scotsman is spotted taking photographs of the Big Brother accommodation. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Probably Mr and Mrs Ministry having a quick one during lunch.Normal service will be resumed shortly :stuck_out_tongue:

George & Tony leaving no stone unturned to locate Bin Laden?

New security device for motor caravans. Dr Who’s Tardis Mk2 on test.