What the hell is going on?!

No help for the poor old model shop with this but buy from collectors fairs. Usually far far cheaper.

Model collector magazine has the dates of the fairs up and down the country or google

ajt - You are right, you can pick up some good bargains at toy/collector fayres rather than in the shops. However, I have also often found that the stall holders at the fayres are actually shop owners doing a bit of outside/travelling business. I once saw a guy at Doncaster Racecourse (I wont publish any more detail than this for fear of legal action), but he was selling a particular 1:50 at a very competative price. I noted that his shops website had it listed for a great deal more. When I asked why this was the case, he went rather red, and blamed it on overheads.

I have stopped buying them long ago…like already mentioned, we are being taking for a ride, and the sooner everyone keeps their money in their pockets, the sooner people like corgi will have to do something.

Its no good just one little joe like me taking a stand…it needs everyone to stick together. I’m not talking about everyone not buying anything ever again…just say a period of action, perhaps a month, where not one purchase is made as a protest…Imagine the loss in revenue there. I feel it would certainly give the manufacturers cause for concern for fear of it being repeated or extended.

I appreciate that there are collectors out there who will collect and to hell with the price. Good luck to them, but it is these people who are not helping the cause. If people continue to buy at whatever the cost, then whether they like it or not, they are caught. They are the ideal customer who people like corgi love and will relentlessly fleece.

WE NEED TO GET THE BALL ROLLING ON THIS FOLKS, START NOW, AND GET THE MESSAGE HOME TO THESE FATCATS THAT WE AINT GONNA TAKE IT NO MORE!!!..keep your money in your pocket, and watche those prices fal!