What Tax relief can an employee claim?

Grand. Thanks very much.

Coogy:
Grand. Thanks very much.

Bump!

£26.20 night out £2 meal :sunglasses:

You can claim 100% tax relief by first getting your cards (as the Americans say) and popping off to that establishment of much humour - Jobcentre Pus.

If you’re not earning, you’re not paying taxes either.

Watch out for a tax giveaway in the coming budget - as we’re going to be bribed to “vote in”.
That means “No benefit cuts for now” and Osbourne will no doubt bleat:-
“We can afford to lower taxes, thanks to us being in the EU.”

That’s bollockspeak of course for:-

"I’ll borrow every penny I have to from that nice ECB so that we can pay that money straight back over to them in return. They might give us a bit of it back in grants - who knows?
Meanwhile, I’ll cut taxes for those already well-off, and suspend benefit cuts until after the referendum."

Coogy:
Evenin’ all.

Is there anything that an employee can claim back against their tax?

For example, my place will pay 28 quid a night, night out money but I will be taxed on it. Can I claim the tax back myself or is that as good as it gets? Is there anything else I can do to stop the robbing swines getting my loot off me, meal allowances etc?

Many thanks.

HGV medical, DCPC training costs, digi-card, license renewals, uniform washing if your company provide a uniform. These are the ones off the top of my head.

Hi Coogy, One thing I have to ask is that you didn’t mention if you are salaried or agency.
Night out money is “tax free” it’s a subsistence, as an employee you will get it as part of your wages after tax has been deducted from your weekly/monthly pay, you do not pay tax on night out payments. As an agency driver, the same applies, night out payments are still tax free. What some of the above posts have said, regarding the P87 tax form , is for meal expenses and or mileage expenses, night out payments do not get taxed,

Get a job as an MP then if you have to buy a quick leg over from a local ■■■ worker you can claim it back as a ‘being away from home expense’ they all do :slight_smile:

Cheers Conor, always thought there must be a way of claiming tax back on things like that but too lazy to search it out.

Did it online, no hassle, claimed £300 so should be an easy £60 back in the bank :sunglasses:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
how do you go about claiming for all them then Conor? might try it myself.

P87 Expenses in Employment. Or the online way Javiatrix has found which he may care to share.

I dunno of the government have done away with the 2 pound meal allowance now. My last job I got a cheque for backdated meal allowances for 400 quid. So when I started my new job I wrote to them to get my tax code adjusted for uniform and meal allowance. They wrote back and told me they didn’t know what I was talking about in regards to the meal allowance :frowning:

I’ve claimed back 19 pound on a tacho card but it’s one load of faffing about so it is to get 19 pound. Government must make millions with people who can’t be bothered reclaiming it.

Here’s the online claim; took less than 10 mins to sort out -

tax.service.gov.uk/gg/sign- … individual

You’ll have to register if you haven’t already, again took no time, was surprised how easy it all was.