What song takes ye back and why?

Hi Bestbooties, Was it Dave Dudley, Trucks Classics Album

“Give me 40 acres to turn this rig around it’s the easiest way that I’ve found - some guys can turn it on a dime or turn it right down town but I need 40 acres to turn this rig around” :laughing: :laughing: I thank you!!

This has to be a classic, especially with the prima donna at the end, no it is not Freddie :laughing:

uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/6494569/16840187

My best memorie was driving up through France on Saturday night and listening to
radio Luxembourg and then it came on “WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE IF ITS THE LAST THING
WE EVER DO” and i agreed entirely oh happy day’s. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I of the Tiger takes me back.

I was only about 13 or there abouts when I was driving one of Wrights transports F88 290s around a field collecting hay and straw wile it was on a radio. :smiley:

Peter

I used to play “young ■■■■” by Aerosmith when driving balls out (not literally!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: ) down Sniper Alley in Sarajevo or along the main drag through a town called Gorni Vakuf in Central Bosnia.

Its abit fast and furious so it used match the andrenalin rush especially when the locals were using us for target practice!! :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Foden 46 has asked me to post this one, does anybody remember it ?, it’s that old it’s in black and white :laughing: .

youtube.com/watch?v=HSjWIDkdTQs

mushroomman:
Foden 46 has asked me to post this one, does anybody remember it ?, it’s that old it’s in black and white :laughing: .

youtube.com/watch?v=HSjWIDkdTQs

Well done buddy remember it well , if i remember rightly was there not another truckin
type serie’s on the box called Moving On summit like that, :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well i have just been informed that Moving On was indeed a serie’s from the 70’s
starring Claude Akins and Frank Converse about a pair of trucker’s any one got the theme tune■■?

Hiya Bestbooties If you go on you tube and type in TRUCKING THROUGH LIFE there is a song called how fast them trucks will go. I dont know who the singer is. Cant help you ther mate Regards Foden 46

Im loving this thread i thought it was just me with the music and the memories thing :smiley:

One that i remember quite well, a few years ago i had loaded esculators somewhere in Northern Italy it was thursday afternoon and the following day was a bank holiday (driving ban) in Italy and France i raced upto Como as quick as possible into the park handbrake on and ran up into the office for a T-form joined the que sweating from the heat, my white nuckle ride and my slim chances of getting out of Italy, as i reached the window payed the money and recived my Transit T-form the women shouted something in Italien and slammed the shutters much to the annoyance of the two Dutchmen behind me in the que!!! I really felt sorry for them but felt a huge relief as i fired up the lorry and headed for Chiasso and what would come on the radio but Deep purple Smoke on the water “Swiss time is running out” absolutely perfect timing, if i could speak enough Italien i would have phoned the radio station and told him of my situation!!!
I had several beers in the Irish bar in Chiasso that night up through Switzerland, Germany friday Luxembourg, Belgium and to Dover for Saturday night and several more Beers before unloading Sheffield and Consett on monday Happy days!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Well i have just been informed that Moving On was indeed a serie’s from the 70’s
starring Claude Akins and Frank Converse about a pair of trucker’s any one got the theme tune■■?

Here ya go Bob, I must admit that it’s one that I can’t ever remember seeing but you never know with over 600 T.V. programmes due to be reshown over the Christmas holiday you might see it again :laughing: .

youtube.com/watch?v=pX127VE9vVs

Anyway, getting back to Cannonball I wonder if the series was ever reshown if we would not enjoy it as much as we did in the 50’s or was it the early sixties :confused: . With us all now being ex experienced drivers :laughing: would we be just a tad sceptical about Mike Malones adventures ?.
For example, I seem to remember one episode where they were driving along one of those long straight roads in Canada that stretched for miles. They see a truck in front of them weaving across the road and by the way Mike and Gerry look at each other you can tell that something is seriously wrong :open_mouth: .
Mike pulls along side the other truck and as the other driver is slumped behind the wheel they realise that he has had a heart attack. Mike carefully keeps up with the other truck while Gerry opens the door and jumps across to the other truck while they are doing 60+ M.P.H. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . He pushes the other driver into the passenger seat and takes over the controls :smiley: but it doesn’t end there as he realises that the brakes have gone :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
Mike knows that by the look on Gerry’s face ( and probably the smell :laughing: ) that Gerry has got no brakes and overtakes Gerry.Mike pulls in front of him and then starts easing off the speed until Gerry has caught up with him and as soon as the bumper bar on Gerry truck starts touching the back doors of Mike’s trailer Mike starts breaking slowly until the two trucks come to a complete stop :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: . Without a scratch to any of the trucks they sit there stareing at the hairpin bend only yards in front of them as they look over the cliff down at the river hundreds of feet below :sunglasses: .
I wonder if there are any old Trucknet members on here reading this who had the same experience while driving over Woodhead in the 60’s :laughing: .

Regards Steve.

Nice one Steve i hope it does get reshown i love those old programme’s
Cheyanne
Bronco layne
Rin tin tin
F troop
Dragnet i could go on for age’s i just taped every episode of tour of duty from the eighties as i missed it going to
Italy every week gonna watch em all haha as for that episode of Cannonball with the two truck’s cant remember it
but it was a regular thing down the Blanc every week " HONEST" hahahaha :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Cheyanne
Bronco layne
Rin tin tin
F troop
Dragnet i could go on for age’s i just taped every episode of tour of duty from the eighties as i missed it going to
Italy every week gonna watch em all haha as for that episode of Cannonball with the two truck’s cant remember it
but it was a regular thing down the Blanc every week " HONEST" hahahaha :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Come on Mr Cracker, if that was true then I am sure that I would of heard about it in Carissio after several bottles of "My Favourite Aunty " :wink: .

I also remember coming down The Blanc one night as the snow was falling trying to get a signal from Radio Luxembourg when I stumbled across Radio Free Europe from Switzerland. The song that they were playing was Telegraph Road by Dire Straits.
youtube.com/watch?v=yLAsae1ryUU

mushroomman:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Cheyanne
Bronco layne
Rin tin tin
F troop

Come on Mr Cracker, if that was true then I am sure that I would of heard about it in Carissio after several bottles of "My Favourite Aunty " :wink: .

I also remember coming down The Blanc one night as the snow was falling trying to get a signal from Radio Luxembourg when I stumbled across Radio Free Europe from Switzerland. The song that they were playing was Telegraph Road by Dire Straits.
youtube.com/watch?v=yLAsae1ryUU

Can you remember the DJ’S name on Luxembourg he was really quite mad and
used to have some wierd and wonderfull caller’s on his show :confused: :confused: :confused:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Can you remember the DJ’S name on Luxembourg he was really quite mad and
used to have some wierd and wonderfull caller’s on his show :confused: :confused: :confused:

The only one who springs to mind at the moment was Ugly Ray Terret but there were a few of them and one of the earliest I can remember was Jack Jackson and his cat on a Sunday night.

I have been meaning to ask you this question for over two years. Are you Bob The Mayor of Canvey and did you or do you remember who had the C.B. name Pinocchio One running Italy in 1987 ?. :slight_smile:

Not so much songs but a couple of albums that take me back to the early 70’s on cassette of course, Led Zep 4 in 74 and Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon in 75 both played until they started to misbehave then they had to be replaced. now they’re on CD.
Just an amusing story to add, how many remember listening to Radio Luxembourg while in europe? I was in Rho customs near Milan picking up an SCA trailer one friday night and listening to R L and the D J was doing a listener phone in to ask questions to Donny Osmond who was supposed to be on the end of another phone but you could only hear what the phone in said and the D J then gave Donny’s answer.
They had the same BT operator saying we have so and so from wherever on the line now each time and sounding more and more disgruntled as time went on, when one little adoring girl fan asked if Donny really cared for his fans to which the operator cut in with the immortal words ‘‘DONNY DOES’NT GIVE A SH*T’’ after which the line suddenly went dead and the phone in stopped and they went back to playing music. But to many of us Radio Luxembourg was a link with home as all the DJ’s were english and they gave out uk news bulletins.
Chazzer

“Movin on” by Merle Haggard youtube.com/watch?v=krclyLeEkDs

CRACK ON TO MACON:

hiya,
Rocket Man by Elton John it reminds me of a flying Seddon i drove of the same era.
thanks harry long retired.