What should I write on my printout?

I won’t bore you with the details, but my day went to 15 hours and 1 minute and driving time to 10 hours and 7 minutes, what should I write as explanation?
I’ve never gone over before so not sure what to say, I’m guessing “sh t happens” isn’t acceptable!

Just write the reasons why.Make a note in your diary also.If you keep one.If you get stopped you then have it all written down.I went over my 15 the other day.No available parking.So had to keep going till I could park up.It happens.Would’nt worry about it.

1968kg:
I won’t bore you with the details, but my day went to 15 hours and 1 minute and driving time to 10 hours and 7 minutes, what should I write as explanation?
I’ve never gone over before so not sure what to say, I’m guessing “sh t happens” isn’t acceptable!

Can’t really say what you should write because we don’t know why you went over your time, presumably you got held up in heavy traffic or someone else’s breakdown which blocked the road :wink:

Make 2 printouts, write an explanation on both of them of why you couldn’t stop and then sign them.

Keep one of the printouts with you in case you get stopped and hand the other one in when your card is downloaded.

You’ll still get an infringement but the printout shows that you’re aware of what you’re doing but couldn’t stop in a safe place.

It’s a one off so no-ones going to worry too much about it and neither should you :wink:

Presumably you had a reduced daily rest period and an extended driving day available ?

I’ve only got the one printout, I’m driving mainly for agencies atm. The TM downloaded my card but didn’t say anything about the infringement or seem bothered in any way.
Leaving the motorway the nearest safe place to stop was the depot so I’ll write that (and in diary).
I’m ok with the 10 hr drive and reduced rest.
Thanks!

1968kg:
I’ve only got the one printout, I’m driving mainly for agencies atm. The TM downloaded my card but didn’t say anything about the infringement or seem bothered in any way.
Leaving the motorway the nearest safe place to stop was the depot so I’ll write that (and in diary).
I’m ok with the 10 hr drive and reduced rest.
Thanks!

that’s about all you can do … as you have done a print out and noted it Vosa wont be too bothered as long as its not a regular thing.