What sat nav do you use?

i have a tom tom xl which i prefer over my s7000 truckmate. I found the s7000 takes you miles out where you could easily fit down roads to half the distance. (yes i did put in the weight, lengths heights etc)

do you use a normal sat nav or a truck specific sat nav?

I use tomtom 720 with the first generation truck map installed. it works very well and only rarely makes mistakes. I’ve tried the latest truck map but that’s useless especially in London with the lorry ban.

i have a tt7000 but prefer the copilot truck system im using at the moment on a pda i have the iphone version but the gps in the i phone isnt great so i use windows mobile pda

i was using a tomtom 740 live with the truck software on it, the traffic data was fairly useful and the google search was great but im not sure if i would want to pay there prices for a year subscription.

We use tomtom work, it acts as a tracker and we can communicate with base through it, the office can locate our reload address then send us a job which we open read then accept the job and it routes it for you. It’s good when your having trouble finding somewhere as they will use google street view to find it then send you a job taking you to it. You have to remember to alter the height as it kept taking me of at junctions and back on the other sides when running round Paris… It was still set for the double deckers.

tomtom 530 with truck maps works for me

snooper s 7000 with the uk + eu maps. bought it when i was coach driving a year ago as the freeview tv was very usefull when waiting away with groups all day.
also good to stick in all the pickup points on a particular tour route and show the boss it was sometimes over 10 hours driving. i never did tell him it was set for hgv speeds NOT pcv!

only gets used now when i’m away camping as i’m back on local muckaway and heavy haulage work using a couple of the red and blue philips county map books.