What’s this

Open bonnet on mrs car to fill washers , and saw this , now to me it oil leak / spray , it went in for a service a week ago & I checked the oil before I left garage , fine , the filler cap / dip stick was in fine wen I checked them after spotting this , seals on filler cap / dipstick look fine , cleaned it off & started car , took car for a good run & shows nothing , I can only think filler cap / dip stick wernt quite home , but seemed fine when I checked them
Car has only done 21,000 so can’t see it’s anything major , runs very well , any ideas ?

Bit of oil staining around filler or dip?

As you say clean it off properly, and keep an eye on it. Probably nowt.
Could have been a drop or two spilt, then as the engine warms it flows more easily and gets blown around.
Watch it, but don`t worry yet.

That’s a removable cover not in contact with the engine. It could only be spillage from filling up with oil… I think.

stu675:
That’s a removable cover not in contact with the engine. It could only be spillage from filling up with oil… I think.

Some dip trying to fill it without a funnel and spilling oil

But it wasn’t on there when I checked oil when leaving garage , and I’ve put no oil in it since , mrs hasn’t , only car I’ve put oil in is mine
Bit of a mystery , I’ll just keep my eye on it as you say , ta