What really p** me off

As if its not bad enough that most companies are asking for 2yrs experience when you do get a company that will give a newbie or realative newbie had my licence now for 18mths. One of the questions they ask is how soon can you start I say one month and they say Good Bye :frowning: … I have applied for loads of jobs and got through to some as above that will give me a go but then turn round and say Oh I need someone more or less straight away not in a months time… Does anyone else have experience of the above situ. I know its hard changing from one career to another but I never thought it would be this bad. Yeah I have done agency but unless I am the most unluckiest person all the companies I have driven for so far havent got any vacancies < not that I would want to drive for the majority full time anyway.

Just having a rant

Not being smart, but put yerself in the bosses place. Who wants to wait for a month for a driver to start ?

Don’t give a months notice. Just give them a week and go. No company is going to prosecute you for quitting early.

Or just phone in sick or whatever - you don’t need to give a months notice. What are they going to do about it? Sack you?

In answer to your question I will have a lot to loose as I get paid my holidays in arears seeing as I have just started a new year and have 35 days a year paid plus my wage its a lot to loose if I just phone in sick the last week as they will take deduct it from me … dont see the point in working for a company and then giving them money back which you have earned. I am not saying that is right I fully understand companies point of view but surely a bit of forward planning or even when I have told them I need to give a months notice before … I go and see them they still turn round and say oh need a driver now or next week …

Don’t forget of course, that if you give your notice, and then look in week 3 of the notice, all the jobs will have gone…
Here’s a diagram of the way to get a job.

Rock
          /
Dole---- YOU-----You'll be lucky!
          \
         Hard Place

And if you do get “lucky” half the time you’ll find the boss is some numpty who needs tweezers and a magnifying glass to count as a ■■■■■■. :unamused:

Good luck mate, you need it, we all do.

Bubble:
…and have 35 days a year paid

If only I had that much paid annual leave :unamused: