What pay rate to expect for ADR work?

What’s the money like on ADR work ? , had my full certificate for over a year, but never had the opportunity to use it. only been on hgv for one year

Barryk:
What’s the money like on ADR work ? , had my full certificate for over a year, but never had the opportunity to use it. only been on hgv for one year

Hi Barryk,

I’ve moved your question to where I think it will receive more views and comments.

not much more than normal rates i would expect

scotstrucker:
not much more than normal rates i would expect

Hi scotstrucker,

Not all firms will offer that much as you said, but some do.

There are also plenty who don’t offer a different rate. :frowning:

About £1 - £2 per hour more. If your lucky!

A couple of months ago Nobby D was offering £6.40 per hour…from an Essex depot driving tankers.
It was discussed on here !

Last company i worked for did little bits of adr and didnt pay the drivers extra.

3 wheeler:
A couple of months ago Nobby D was offering £6.40 per hour…from an Essex depot driving tankers.
It was discussed on here !

Halfway House jobs for the ex-cons with 9 points…

Someone with a long standing ADR with tanks is just not going to be daft enough to take such low pay otherwise - especially in Essex where you can easily get £10ph plus on stuff like dustcarts and multidrops that don’t even need ADR…

As for ADR without tanks - I’d suggest that is in the same field as driving double decker trailers… You don’t get paid any extra for it, but you might find yourself offered extra shifts if you can do it - at the same pay, but big deal - it isn’t going to change the speed of the clock, so just get on with it eh?