What oil?

Anyone know a website that gives you recommendation’s for which oil to use in lorries?

Oilsandstuff.com.

If you are not sure what spec give them a call, i found them helpful.

ytre:
Anyone know a website that gives you recommendation’s for which oil to use in lorries?

Hi ytre,

If it were me… I’d ask the boss what oil he wants you to use, then there’s no chance of you getting it wrong.

dieseldave:

ytre:

Hi ytre,

If it were me… I’d ask the boss what oil he wants you to use, then there’s no chance of you getting it wrong.

I did dave and he doesn’t know either lol, gonna check oilandstuff (thanks bazstan009) and take it from there

ytre:

dieseldave:

ytre:

Hi ytre,

I did dave and he doesn’t know either lol, gonna check oilandstuff (thanks bazstan009) and take it from there

Hi ytre,

Again if it were me, I’d ask the boss to ask the people who do the servicing and safety checks for his fleet.

It’ the boss’ truck, so it’s up to him to tell you what oil to put in it.

Listen to Dave mate,honestly.
You don’t want to be put in the position of possibly being a scapegoat.

ShropsBri:

Hi ShropsBri,

That was exactly what I was thinking…

Modern diesel engines usually require a specific oil, so it’s very important to only use the correct oil for any particular engine.

The consequences of putting the wrong oil in an engine could run to several thousand pounds, so I reckon that tends to focus the mind a bit. :open_mouth:

dieseldave:

ShropsBri:

Hi ShropsBri,

That was exactly what I was thinking…

Modern diesel engines usually require a specific oil, so it’s very important to only use the correct oil for any particular engine.

The consequences of putting the wrong oil in an engine could run to several thousand pounds, so I reckon that tends to focus the mind a bit. :open_mouth:

Totally agree with this as long gone are the days when Multi and General purpose oils used to work for everything.

Guessing is a costly game to play…

Sure we had a thread recently about the cost of an MAN exhaust, retail of which was over £10,000 IIRC, seems bloody ridiculous but wouldn’t surprise me in the least given the total lunacy of the present age.

As a mere driver i’m buggered if i’d be making any decisions about what oil to put in a modern lorry when parts like that could be completely knackered if i specified the wrong stuff.

We’ve now got three different bloody engine oils at work for the fleet, its getting silly.

Juddian:
Sure we had a thread recently about the cost of an MAN exhaust, retail of which was over £10,000 IIRC, seems bloody ridiculous but wouldn’t surprise me in the least given the total lunacy of the present age.

As a mere driver i’m buggered if i’d be making any decisions about what oil to put in a modern lorry when parts like that could be completely knackered if i specified the wrong stuff.

We’ve now got three different bloody engine oils at work for the fleet, its getting silly.

And the issue will only get worse…wait and see what Euro 7 has in store!!