What oil?

I drive a DAF EEV 55.220 14tonner, she needs some oil but I’m not sure what type to use?
Any help much appreciated.

Not vegetable.

HTH.

A.

Best thing to do mate I reckon is give your local DAF agent a bell. :bulb:

should be a record of what oil was used when the last oil change was done, or at least a record of who services the wagon and they should know what oil was used the last time. More of the same make, type, grade always seems the right choice for me - and of course check with DAF that the correct oil was used when last changed, faint possibility wrong oil could be the reason why it is low. Is there an obvious reason why it is loosing oil, high mileage / leak / coolant clean?

Not what she uses! :smiley:

^^^ that looks like one of my hiking boots with a bikini on.

I’ve HAD her. :sunglasses:

robroy:

Blimey, wouldn’t be my method of establishing/reinforcing my ■■■■■■■■■! :open_mouth:

:laughing:

robroy:

No mate. she’s had you :open_mouth: :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

Blimey, wouldn’t be my method of establishing/reinforcing my ■■■■■■■■■! :open_mouth:

:laughing:

Well I wasn’t going to say anything, but everybody’s aware on here of the rumour of the …errr family connection between you and me.
I spent a lot of time in the ‘Juniper Berry’ in Southampton in the 80s, and I am quite surprised at you posting such a revealing picture of your Mam on here, quite disrespectful to a fine woman…that’s all I’m saying on the subject. :neutral_face:

You wont go far wrong with any fully synthetic 5w30 or 5w40 diesel oil. The viscosity will be well within range for use anywhere within Europe…

Just got Lexus serviced and had to use 0W20 oil and was like a bottle of water!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:

thats madonna lol

robroy:
I am quite surprised at you posting such a revealing picture of your Mam on here, quite disrespectful to a fine woman…that’s all I’m saying on the subject. :neutral_face:

Well no wonder I’m malnourished! :open_mouth:

Big Truck:
Just got Lexus serviced and had to use 0W20 oil and was like a bottle of water!!!

Hard to believe it offers any protection isnt it? Shows how our feelings about whats “right” (like thicker oil) are often wrong.

Big Truck:

Very close tolerances on most engines now plus use of nicasil plated liners requires top spec synthetic.

scotstrucker:

Evil8Beezle:

thats madonna lol

Nah, this is Madonna.

ringfur:
Nah, this is Madonna.

Is she looking for the milking parlour?

Adonis.:
Not vegetable.

HTH.

A.

Castrol “R”. . . . mmmmm. . . lovely aroma! Nicer smell than AdBlue, that`s for sure!