What next

So if you had 2 poop a scoopa’s (vacuum tankers) and one 8 wheel tipper with grab what would you buy next to complement the existing vehicles.

Tankers are busy ish no requirement for another one yet.
tipper /grab spends most of it’s time on grab work with a couple of jobs per week for 2 haulage companies when their grabs are too busy.
The aggregate tipper work is well sawn up round here, haven’t got in with the utilities as yet, I have a tanker I with the water company though only part time.
I am asking you because maybe I’m blinkered and can’t see the next logical step.

I have an idea myself and I will share it once you have posted your thoughts

We are 10 miles from City & Motorway though in Devon countryside, we have room to park but no facilities for any kind of equipment/storage.

logical head on here, the business seems to be ticking over well as it is, so leave it, let it roll on as it’s been doing, and just guide it when needed.

What about a road sweeper, you only need spare brushes & they don’t take up much room, get in with a few builders & the local council.

I got your PM but because I’m on pre-mod I can’t reply to messages, sorry.

Got to agree with Martin. The road sweeper is they type of plant that you’d normally associate with companies that have the other type vehicles you already have.

Road sweeper is a good idea, especially if you can get pally with the local tradesmen with unit space?

Harry Monk:
I got your PM but because I’m on pre-mod I can’t reply to messages, sorry.

What does pre-mod mean ■■?

Road sweeper not a bad idea, they are actually available with a gulley emptier attached as well so I may well have a think about this one THANK YOU

My thoughts were down the line of 8 wheel roll on roll off skip, though I would struggle with skip space as I need to keep the place looking tidy (neighbours ish).

As for parking at our house we have planning permission for a teas room and 65 car park which was previously a coach park, so parking isn’t an issue but making the place look untidy will only cause me grief, we currently have permission for 5 vehicles 0 trailers
So we have no parking costs just business rates which currently are just a few pounds.

You’ll then need a twin brother: Mucksweeper

as said road sweeper contact the shopping malls to do the car parks at nights even the services washing stale P away :open_mouth:

get a plough head on the tipper with a detachable spreader for the winter months again round the malls etc

philgor:
logical head on here, the business seems to be ticking over well as it is, so leave it, let it roll on as it’s been doing, and just guide it when needed.

^^^^ #sensebeingspoken ^^^^

For what its worth, I`m in agreement with “philgor”, its mouth shut head down time, just have a look at what is going off around the world at the moment, just about every religious / political problem has the power the send fuel prices through the roof, add to this a little problem of our own, a general election next year, and Mark Carney dropping hints about interest rates rising, each one has the potential to knock your legs away.

I`d be looking to build my balance sheet, you can never ever go broke with cash in the bank, and, you will get every Tom, ■■■■ and Abdul looking to supply you if you are solvent, at very favourable rates :wink:

Muckspreader:
So if you had 2 poop a scoopa’s (vacuum tankers) and one 8 wheel tipper with grab what would you buy next to complement the existing vehicles.

Tankers are busy ish no requirement for another one yet.
tipper /grab spends most of it’s time on grab work with a couple of jobs per week for 2 haulage companies when their grabs are too busy.
The aggregate tipper work is well sawn up round here, haven’t got in with the utilities as yet, I have a tanker I with the water company though only part time.
I am asking you because maybe I’m blinkered and can’t see the next logical step.

I have an idea myself and I will share it once you have posted your thoughts

We are 10 miles from City & Motorway though in Devon countryside, we have room to park but no facilities for any kind of equipment/storage.

shouldnt you be looking at getting the vehicles you already have on full time work/busy before buying something else aswell?
what sort of work is the grab doing inbetween a couple of jobs a week for the two haulage companies?

and i think you’d struggle with a ro ro skip motor unless you have your own waste transfer station…
the local skip firms will have that sewn up.
phone around and get some prices about how much it costs to tip one.it wont be cheap lol.

andrew.s:
and i think you’d struggle with a ro ro skip motor unless you have your own waste transfer station…
the local skip firms will have that sewn up.
phone around and get some prices about how much it costs to tip one.it wont be cheap lol.

I am aware of the pricing involved, there aren’t many ro ro 's locally delivery in a ro ro was more my idea than skip hire, for example drop a skip of soil or stone.

Andrews your other post they are pretty busy really 1 scoopa on private work, the other split between water company and private work, with a small amount of call outs, the grab is split between a small amount of domestic work, collections/clearance for a couple of small builders, delivery of stone private, delivery of stone for a local quarry where offload is required, farm plastics collection for a recycle company. a real mixed bag and a bit of a headache.

Stanley Mitchell:

philgor:

^^^^ #sensebeingspoken ^^^^

For what its worth, I`m in agreement with “philgor”, its mouth shut head down time, just have a look at what is going off around the world at the moment, just about every religious / political problem has the power the send fuel prices through the roof, add to this a little problem of our own, a general election next year, and Mark Carney dropping hints about interest rates rising, each one has the potential to knock your legs away.

I`d be looking to build my balance sheet, you can never ever go broke with cash in the bank, and, you will get every Tom, ■■■■ and Abdul looking to supply you if you are solvent, at very favourable rates :wink:

I think I broadly agree with this.

Also I think there is a risk of diversifying too much and you can get into a jack of all trades master of none situation.

what about a volumetric concrete mixer? are there many readymix plants local to you?
if they are few and far between it might be worth looking into.ask the builders you do a few loads for,see where they get their concrete.at least you wouldnt have to worry about tipping/storing any waste .

Have you asked any of your existing customers if they require something different?

A road sweeper with a gully sucker will open options up, any haulage depot or bus garage with a wash will need the services of a gully sucker as do councils on a more seasonal basis :wink: