What Mobile Network

Looking for a new contract phone, what network are you on and have you found it reliable …what handset did you get and what do you get free with it… i.e. free calls, texts, handset… :grimacing:

This should help:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=119731

I went with Three Network and can’t fault them.

for mins text and data cant beat 3

I really don’t know… I ditch the own mobile about 6 years ago and used one from work up to 2/3 years ago and have been ok with out one but there are times that Ive needed one … The wife’s got one on Virgin, don’t use it much just incase the schools call about the children, she can’t text for ■■■■…
Its something I need to sort out as, I am hoping to be in a position of going back to work some time this year after a few years sabbatical with a back injury

Since Orange/Vodaphone and t-mobile conspired to ■■■■■■■ phones4U by refusing to supply them, the phone contract competition matket has taken a big hit,nowadays there is very little to go at and it mainly comes down to personal preference as price wise they are all pretty much the same.
I upgraded in August with EE,before phones4u closed.
iPhone 5c
Unlimited text and mins
4gb Internet(+10gb free because I also have broadband off EE,so 14gb to be precise)
£27.99pm free phone.
This exact contract is now £30pm and they want £100 for the phone,because of the above reason…phones4u being forced out of business.

At the moment I have got the sim only from EE network. Unlimited mins & texts and 4GB data - £22.99 monthly. Watch out for 08■■ numbers. I am upgrading in two weeks - new handset, plan and changing to business customer.

buy a cheapo one and go pay as you go if your only using it like that.

Forward thinking War1974, want something that when I am back at work, can just lob it out and surf the net, find numbers, locations etc etc and use the forum obviously :grimacing:

Three. Been with them for ages pretty much since they started. Went onto Orange and that was a big mistake. Now back on Three.

Three do 4G for no extra charge. Nothing like sitting in a RDC watching Netflix on the bosses coin.

One thing to be aware of is 4g uses up your data allowance quicker than 3G so if you had 1gb on 3G before you should allow at least 2gb maybe even 4gb for general browsing mainly because the pages load quicker so you’ll view more,1gb did me monthly for 2 years on 3G and I never went over,once I had a 4g contract i used 1gb in 10 days hence why I went for the 4gb deal,plus if you go with EE and have broadband through them they give you an extra 10gb per month on your mobile contract for free.

yeah i would go for 4g on 3
maybe sim only if you already have a decent phone
best thing is when you go to spain you can used you data and all allowance there
at no extra charge

Dirt cheap phone, pay as you go, on Orange/EE/Tmobile or whatever they are this week, but here in south Wales the service is crap.
But if you ring them to complain, they’ll tell you that their map shows 100%.

Three

Have a look at tesco mobile or giffgaff both have some good offers I’m on a tesco anytime upgrade so the contract is in 2 parts phone and then calls so if you fancy upgrading after a few months you just pay off what’s remaining on the phone part of the contract and choose a new phone without having to wait the usual 2 years. Also you can stipulate a fixed amount excess on your bill mines £2.50 so that is the most it will ever go above my monthly bill unless I change so no nasty surprises if you call somebody in your pocket or use loads of data by accident.

Three, 200 mins, unlimited data, more texts than I need by a country mile - £12.90/month.

Had 3 for ages but coverage got worse so on O2 now new Samsung S5 unlimited texts and calls and 5 GB data on 4G for £40 a month but have got cheap payg on tesco for emergencies.

EE is Zb, it’s expensive, 4g is slow & the customer service is zb:!:

I bought my handset and continued my Sim only deal as it’s cheaper overall that way, and can financially add to your credit file

as the Moneysaving expert guy says

Getting a mobile handset on contract can secretly cost you 44% APR. Many say “I’d never get a loan for a mobile” but then happily get their handset via a network contract. Yet get a contract and they credit check you, put defaults on your credit file if you miss repayments and often charge far more than buying the handset straight and getting a Sim-only deal.