What LENGTH would you go to?

I was on the A38 near Derby this morning when this came past me :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes. The front artic was towing the second one with straps that were attached to the towing eye of the towed vehicle, and wrapped around the rear underrun bar of the towing vehicles trailer.

When at full stretch the distance between them would not have been more than six feet. I admit to not knowing the regs of towing trucks, but I would have thought this to be a no - no, or at best just plain stupidity!!!

If the front truck had to brake sharply, then I fear for the safety of the towee :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

numberplate and contact details removed…Denis F

I think it’s the new ROADTRAIN :exclamation:

How did you manage to get stuck there Bugcos■■?

runs for the hills…quickly

Just goes to show that our industry has it’s fair share of idiots. :frowning:

It would seem that it’s not only Denby and Stan Robinson that are trialling these new B doubles then.

Ken.

thats the new way to get more mpg

with the current price of derv who can blame them! :laughing:

That under-run bar must be strong, you certainly wouldn’t be doing that with the trailers at our place :laughing:

S`pose that answers someone previous question on “The load rating of ratchet straps” :laughing: :laughing:

Lets hope the driver behind does`nt drop it in gear and try to bump start the truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Limestone Cowboy.
That came past you■■?
Them glasses of yorn aint strong enough,looks to me like you were passing them. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bet they didnt drop the prop shaft before that trip, someones gonna have a huge bill in the garage!

Dint you get his number? Us owner drivers could always do with a cheap recovery firms number!!! :laughing:

Been there and done that - albeit many, many years ago but with chains.

Not wishing to sound pedantic, but how can you drive and take photos at the same time? Or were you stationary??

Hombre:

Not wishing to sound pedantic, but how can you drive and take photos at the same time? Or were you stationary??

The forum full of photos now!!! :unamused:

If its who I think it is, certain Potato dealer in Walsall then its just part of the drive to keep our british chippy open!!

God Bless you fella’s!! :smiley: :wink:

(Bailey Bros - but I never said it)lol

The forum full of photos now!!!

Not from me mate, my old kodak instamatic gave up years ago!

Hombre:

The forum full of photos now!!!

Not from me mate, my old kodak instamatic gave up years ago!

:unamused: do i know you MATE :exclamation:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Stoke on trent… dislikes being called “mate” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Irlams driver! Is that you? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To answer a few questions :wink:

DaveL:
Limestone Cowboy.
That came past you■■?
Them glasses of yorn aint strong enough,looks to me like you were passing them. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

At that point it did as we were queueing for the Mark eaton r/about. I had just overtaken it 1/4 of a mile further back and was expecting it for the photo opportunity :wink:

Which brings me onto:

Hombre:

I was stationary at the time and therefore quite safe to snap away while the tow twins crawled past in lane 1. :wink:

JB:
Irlams driver! Is that you?

What’s it got to do with you

MATE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: