What job

I keep seeing in the papers about training for HGV, Plumber Driving instructor and others all saying do this and you will be on £30000 per year, now we know this is all lies but some people must apply or they would not advertise. We see on this site about young’uns who cannot get work after doing test so what should young people train at to get a good job? What is a good job now?

Who said its lies?

mac12:
…so what should young people train at to get a good job? What is a good job now?

Finance.

Prostitution, drug mule…

Fraud

Lorry driving still is a good job, but like all jobs you have to work your way up the scummy jobs till you alight on a good one…then comes the real test, have you got the nous to look after the good job, cherish it, do your level best and you keep that good job for many years.

The country is on its arse and we’ve imported millions of young working age people, invariably better educated and far better disciplined with a better work ethic than many of our youngster left school with, for Christs sake many of the recent immigrants have better spoken and written English than many of our own poor little buggers that have fallen victim to fashionable education system of recent years.

Those foreigners haven’t had their heads filled with bollox like many of our youngsters, such as the country owes you a living…the celebrity lifestyle is yours take it…going to university means you are a jolly clever dicky and you have a golden future (once you’ve paid the education debt back) and doing about 10 hours a week between sickies should pay you a footballers wages.

Good jobs are what you make of them, you don’t get something for nothing in this life, there is no free lunch.

Put the effort in and stand over your peers and you’ll get a reputation and a good work record, thats how you get good jobs, and you look after the bugger if you get one, you turn up come hell or high water, you don’t take sickies or the ■■■■, you do the job well and the company thrives and everyone lives happily ever after.

Only my opinion of course… :wink:

Youngsters should learn how to reede, rite and speeck Polish.

Juddian:
Lorry driving still is a good job, but like all jobs you have to work your way up the scummy jobs till you alight on a good one…then comes the real test, have you got the nous to look after the good job, cherish it, do your level best and you keep that good job for many years.

The country is on its arse and we’ve imported millions of young working age people, invariably better educated and far better disciplined with a better work ethic than many of our youngster left school with, for Christs sake many of the recent immigrants have better spoken and written English than many of our own poor little buggers that have fallen victim to fashionable education system of recent years.

Those foreigners haven’t had their heads filled with bollox like many of our youngsters, such as the country owes you a living…the celebrity lifestyle is yours take it…going to university means you are a jolly clever dicky and you have a golden future (once you’ve paid the education debt back) and doing about 10 hours a week between sickies should pay you a footballers wages.

Good jobs are what you make of them, you don’t get something for nothing in this life, there is no free lunch.

Put the effort in and stand over your peers and you’ll get a reputation and a good work record, thats how you get good jobs, and you look after the bugger if you get one, you turn up come hell or high water, you don’t take sickies or the ■■■■, you do the job well and the company thrives and everyone lives happily ever after.

Is lorry driving still a good job? When I started it was but now to many people checking what you are doing when they no nowt themselves. I am now working at a place hat has about 30 foreign workers because the English will not do it.

I want the job, where is it?

Juddian:

Ill second that.

I often wonder what it is that we pay the school teachers for.I drive school buses and often have teachers on,what a scruffy bunch some of them are.They are all university graduates nowadays,never worked in there sheltered lives.

I can speak from bitter experience as a driving instructor. Yes, £30,000+ is possible, BUT, that figure is the net income, you have to knock off your fuel, insurance, vehicle costs, advertising etc, lucky to make a decent living.
But, like trucking, it’s a fun job with some priceless moments.
Cheers
Paul

Anybody here ever thought about it?

getsmaart.com/career-overviews/c … vestigator

Forget this coment

Do what I did worked all week and did my truck lessons on a weekend with the money I earned through the week now 15yrs on I have a good job that should see me through to retirement yes I do think its a good job dispite all the moaning I might do anyway if your a trucker it’s expected lol