What is your ideal driving day?

Personaly, 4.5 hours driving, 45 min break, 4.5 drive again then finished. Usually only on the Continent does this happen afaik. Some people think containers are easy but sitting around waiting to load, tip and queueing/waiting for your box then having to hit the road again is a ball ache.
Whats you favourite type of day?

The run I did today suits me, just wish I was out the gate earlier

2 local drops, back to base, load, 45 mins off to stoke turn and burn

tomorows not bad if the suns shining, start Middlesbrough, 3 drops Carlisle, Barrow in furness and Whitehaven then back empty for a 4pm finish

All depends what mood im in to be honest,i like my first job of the week to be local to get me warmed up,then anywheres fine with me,saying that i do like going north rather than south :wink: i dont like my first shift being a early start and driving far aswell :cry:

Short runs and as many as you like, I used to hate them long runs, 4 hours plus runs were a real pain…bored to tears.
I would tell em in the office, that I hated short inter depot transfers, knowing they would put me on the short runs…win win for me.

Anything that does not involve drawbars, shunting ,general haulage nights out, or anything to do with for profit transport or any such living nightmares.

Turning up for work and being told im not needed and sent home on 8 hours pay, thats my ideal day :laughing:

Being retired and not having to get out the pit at all if I don’t want to :smiley:

lyingin my bed on a day off,and only getting up to do my misses doggy fashion whilst simultaniously eating a good chicken madras off her back and watching the dukes of hazard on the box…works for me?? :unamused:

Anything that involves long stretch’s of motorway.

There, I changed the title to thwart the smartasses. :slight_smile:

One trailer with a manageable number of drops on board, plenty of time to do them, no rushing, run back and clock out after 9/10 hours. My current job is like this & i’m happy.

It is legal to drive 4.30 non stop, but the Police in Europe get a bit sniffy about it.
They prefer to see 3.30 then a break or even 2 to 2.30 then a break.

My ideal driving day

I arrive for work and my unit is clean and coupled up.
I am given a coffee.
I am applauded as I drive away.
Every traffic light is green.
All other traffic stops to let me pass.

At my drop the guys lift me out of my unit and sit me in front of a TV and feed me a big breakfast.
The guys sweat as they empty my trailer and polish my gear stick.
The sky is blue.
There is a private toilet for me to use.

I am lifted back into the unit and leave with another applause.
I get back to the yard and the shunter hands me a coffee and parks the trailer.
For being a good driver I am given a suit case full of notes and asked what time would I like to start tomorrow.

■■■■■■00:
My ideal driving day

I arrive for work and my unit is clean and coupled up.
I am given a coffee.
I am applauded as I drive away.
Every traffic light is green.
All other traffic stops to let me pass.

At my drop the guys lift me out of my unit and sit me in front of a TV and feed me a big breakfast.
The guys sweat as they empty my trailer and polish my gear stick.
The sky is blue.
There is a private toilet for me to use.

I am lifted back into the unit and leave with another applause.
I get back to the yard and the shunter hands me a coffee and parks the trailer.
For being a good driver I am given a suit case full of notes and asked what time would I like to start tomorrow.

I have a gap next week to start the job. I’ll be in on Tuesday, about 9 oclock.

After 5 and a half years of being at home 24/7 other than shopping or school runs, I can safely say my ideal day would involve me going to work, what happens once I’ve clocked in is any ones guess and it has plenty of scope for going Pete Tong from there on in, but it’d be a start :smiley:

used to love the run to holyhead whenits sunny, great views and then lunch at the docks.

viking7000:
sitting around waiting to load, tip and queueing/waiting for your box then having to hit the road again is a ball ache.
Whats you favourite type of day?

This^^^ sounds good to me, minimal graft, no load interaction, no phone calls from the office, preferably at night:grin: