What is the problem?

OK So what is the problem with posting links to other Truck Drivers sites then?

You have put me on pre mod for posting a link to LDF, it appears you also remove links to Truckersworld as well…

Are you really that scared (Not you mods, your GOD gives you instructions) that people are ALL going to leave TN and leave you high and dry, would not look good with the people who bought this site would it? Maybe they would leave because its overmoderated, to a point you treat professional drivers like infants…

Why also have people asked to have thier accounts deleted you refuse to do so, WHY??

You wont of course have the balls to either answer me, or post this for all the Tnet users to see and debate, never mind, I will be in contact with RBI myself, to see if they can shed any light on things…

I will be posting a copy of this thread on LDF, at least that way some lurkers can see what you refuse/wont post.

I’ve moved this post to the Feedback Forum, because it’s about how this site is run.
Posts about how the site is run belong in the Feedback Forum.
Any member can post and debate posts in here, if they want to.
I left a link to here in the Professional Drivers Forum for you.

Coddy:
OK So what is the problem with posting links to other Truck Drivers sites then?

Does Tesco’s have adverts for Asda in their shops, etc ■■

Coddy:
You have put me on pre mod for posting a link to LDF, it appears you also remove links to Truckersworld as well…

No, you were not put back on pre-mod for posting a link to LDF.
You are back on pre-mod for being demonstrably more stupid than even we realised the last time.
After you posted a link to the LDF, it was removed. So you thought it would be a good idea to put a link to the LDF in your sig’. As you appear to be too stupid to be allowed near a keyboard without supervision, we are going to supervise your keyboard usage on our site until you show you’re capable of following a few simple rules. If we take you back off pre-mod and you then go back to breaking our rules, we’ll put you back on pre-mod or follow our procedures and possibly ban you for a while. Read the rules, they’ll explain it…

Coddy:
Are you really that scared (Not you mods, your GOD gives you instructions) that people are ALL going to leave TN and leave you high and dry, would not look good with the people who bought this site would it? Maybe they would leave because its overmoderated, to a point you treat professional drivers like infants…

Does Asda have adverts for Sainsburys in its shops ■■
When the certain infantile drivers start behaving as professional drivers, we’ll stop treating them as infants…

Coddy:
Why also have people asked to have thier accounts deleted you refuse to do so, WHY??

Two reasons,
1 deleting a membership deletes all of that members posts. Any thread posted on by that member will then have holes in it.
2 if you don’t want to use this site any more, don’t use it.
Why does your membership have to be deleted? You might change your mind after all, you’ve already changed it once!!

Coddy:
You wont of course have the balls to either answer me, or post this for all the Tnet users to see and debate, never mind, I will be in contact with RBI myself, to see if they can shed any light on things…

Balls ■■ :bulb: Enough light yet ? Or do you need 16 extra Spots :question: :question:

Coddy:
I will be posting a copy of this thread on LDF, at least that way some lurkers can see what you refuse/wont post.

(!)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

POWER!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why not just remove the facility to add website url’s or if its against rules send them a warning by PM?

Why remove the PM facility when on premod?

depablo:
Why not just remove the facility to add website url’s or if its against rules send them a warning by PM?

Why remove the PM facility when on premod?

Because removing the facility to add website url’s would stop every url. We only want you not to post urls to sites which clearly break our rules or we have specifically asked you not to post.
Coddy was warned by PM and ignored the warnings, he has asked why in a post. He’s now has his answer in a post.

If your on pre-mod, its because you can’t stay within our rules in open debate. If you can’t do it where everyone can see, why would we trust you to stick to those rules where only the unfortunate recipient would see ■■

mayby because LDF is crap, id rather watch a retarded duck do the can can than go on LDF what with your millions of emoticons that seems to be the only things you can use.

The real question is why do people who claim to dislike Trucknet UK so much keep coming back, I mean if you have such a poor opinion of this site and it’s members why would you want to post anything ?

Or could it be that you do like this place but just aren’t mature enough to stick to the rules.

Also it has to be said that to post links to other similar type forums for no good reason other than to cause mischief is about as lame as it gets.

Personally I’d never join a forum where they appear to knowingly allow or even encourage it’s members to disrupt another forum in the hope of getting more members, it simply makes that forum look as lame and insecure as the people who come here to stir up mischief :unamused:

gogzy:
mayby because LDF is crap, id rather watch a retarded duck do the can can than go on LDF what with your millions of emoticons that seems to be the only things you can use.

Nope, nothing to do with your opinion of the LDF, whether we agree with you or not :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
If anyone can’t find the LDF site, or any of the other trucking sites, all they have to do is ask. Rikki or any of the mod team or any member can and do send the url in a PM.

Er no I have NOT had any PM’s from mods, just because you posted this, at least have the decency to tell the truth…

So deleting accounts has nothing to do with with membership numbers then…lol.

Dont get personnel Simon, its goes against your ‘Rules’ remember? take it you are on premod now than■■? :smiling_imp:

hi coddy,

im the one who edited your posts and i did ask for you sig to be removed.

the thing is you know trucknet and the ldf dont get on and they are both totally different type of sites,

Coddy:
You are doing better than me mate, I dont get snotty PM’s. Mind you if I did I would post em on LDF, so we can all have a laugh at them… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Coddy:
A link to LDF :grimacing:

Mods, this is a legitimate link to another Truckers site, so leave it in place, unless of course you are scared of a mass exodus to a decent forum, where you are treated as an adult!!

Coddy:
Just in case anyone missed it…

:grimacing:

Coddy:
Nowt to stop people joining…

Shame the ‘management’ on here are scared of other Truckers sites, cant think why? :unamused: :unamused:

Coddy:
You gotta laugh aint ya■■? :laughing: :laughing:

you see now i dont see the funny side that ive come home from being away a couple of nights and get in just log in for a few moments and have to edit all that. so no i aint " gotta laugh ".

see comments like these from the thread in question when you have already been on pre mod is only going to end up with you going back on pre mod any thickko can see that.

why should i pm you and ask you too remove them when you have deliberlty put them up to try and be clever when you know they are not going to stay. :question: :question: :question:

im sorry i dont understand your mentality when put something up you know will be edited and you know the reason why it will be edited which by the way isnt complicated … the ldf and trucknet dont get along :bulb:
and then go bleating on the ldf about whats happened to you expecting a " poor you back on pre mod " or a " pat on the back "

Is it just me or is it a small number of names that pop up again and again with these controversial threads??

BEHAVE

why doesn’t this site get along with the ldf? Are they like the peoples front for jewdea, splitters!

what is the ldf ?

Why can’t certain truck / lorry related websites get on. I use most of them and they provide a different service, all the bickering and moaning just puts people off them and to an outsider it makes us all look bad. But perhaps its me.

What other websites deem as acceptable content is a matter for them. When members of this website continually breach this websites guidelines and policies on posting it makes a lot of extra work for the volunteer team. Reading every single post made on here is way too much timewise. Also searching for new posts made by a number of people known to push the limits regularly takes up time.

Those people who have shown they are not willing to abide by the guidelines they agreed too when registering have their ability to post without the content being checked suspended or removed. This means the team can quickly and easily monitor those posts.

It is worth noting out of 12600 registered members , only 12 are on pre moderation. The huge majority of people who use this website manage to remain easily with the limits we ask you all to keep to.

Tachograph:
The real question is why do people who claim to dislike Trucknet UK so much keep coming back, I mean if you have such a poor opinion of this site and it’s members why would you want to post anything ?

Some openly have said its because they find it a laugh to wind people up, and to see how much of a reaction they can get from the moderating team. Links are often posted to here from other websites leading to threads where they feel they will “get a bite”.

The others who simply dislike this website, but keep coming back… I have no idea why they do it, for me its not rocket science, if I dont like a website, I dont use it. If I dont like one websites policies on content, I look for one thats closer to what I want.

Well for one I at first thought it was a bit of friendly rivalry, a bit banter and a wind up.

Signatures by members on here stating a member of the other site was a schedule one offender was certainly over the top. Especially when the general public would believe anything they were told about individuals, all it takes is a bit of a name drop and the social engineer has inflicted irreversable damage. Did that member receive a warning, placed on premod, or a suspension even?

Members of this site who visit the other site apparently monitor the posts and report back here. Maybe thats why posts are made which in your opinion are aimed at winding up this forum.

As for T/net I have enjoyed the site in the past, I obtained a discounted medical through the advice obtained on here. I also participate in discussions and provide information if I can. My industry gripes are mainly regarding the new schemes that pop up on a regular basis, who pays for these hair brained schemes? usually the driver or mechanic hence my frustration at times.

I enjoy all the forums I am registered with, the ldf included. Information regarding the driver cpc was made available to myself through the ldf forum and I was grateful to the people who took the time to answer my questions, and of course there is a bit of light hearted banter as well. I will continue to post here but only to give my opinion on the industry or offer advice or indeed receive it if required. There is enough politics in this industry without getting involved in petty disputes about 18 year old drivers etc. The government and industry leaders force the changes, let them be responsible for their actions.

Hey Rikki, answer me a question…

Are you hoping to make an awful lot of money from this site, if so how, just curious like :wink:

Out of 12.000 odd members, how many actually post regular, cos mostly its the same old names, many I might add are great people, and yes I have met a few, but as per usual you get a few total muppets who most prob dont have a LGV license judging by thier posts, some issue downright dangerous advice, dont see those being ‘advised’ do we…

I go on many site, from Motorbikes, to fishing (Sea) Offroading (Greenlanes) and of course Railway (heritage) none of these sites have an issue with me at all. This is the only site I know of where you are treated like an infant, and its shows in some of the people who need to have bulbs changed for them etc lol :unamused:

And I might add this is the only site that wont offer links to other sites of the same ilk, ie, Barry at Truckers has worked his balls off to get Truckalert up and running, finally its happened, where is the support here for that then? perhps if you were not such a bunch of ■■■■■■ then no one would take the rise all the time…

I am quite prepared to offer 30 years experience in the industry to who ever wants help, in fact behind the scenes I helped someone get info on his mate who died, but those things are private, I dont bleat about them.

You say you dont get on with ‘other sites’ would you like to explain why? Im interested…

Ok. Hands up. I dropped a bollock by failing to PM you when I put you back on pre-mod, Coddy. I was in the wagon on the mobile connection, which dropped pretty much straight after I’d done the deed, and by the time I’d done the soft-shoe shuffle 'round the cab to get it up again I’d forgotten which bits I’d done and which I hadn’t. I’m genuinely sorry about that, and will make sure it doesn’t happen again. :blush:

In brief reply to a couple of other points…

You were put back on pre-mod not so much because of the signature, but as has been said above, because the url was put in the signature nigh on immediately after it had been removed from a post. It’s creating work for no good reason, basically, and is kind of like a last chance saloon rather than getting into suspensions blah blah blah, which contrary to popular opinion we don’t actually want to have to do. It just puts all your posts in one place for checking so we don’t have to go trawling through the forums for them, until we’re happy we won’t need to waste time doing that any more. Best way to avoid it? Reread the rules, keep to them, and don’t bugger up again and all will be fine.

The reason we no longer delete members on request - and we DID used to- is because of the number of times people then changed their minds or claimed they had been deleted without permission. I tried bringing in a system where an e-mail from the same account as in your profile would enable us to delete, but whilst that solved the latter problem, it didn’t deal with the changing-minds-thing. So we just don’t do it any more, end of. Simples.

Hope that helps.

Um Lucy

I was not contacted the time before either, remember? When a certain member cried off to you because he was told a couple of home truths about his stupidity by me…

If someone has a pop at me on here, do I complain? Oh yes once, did anything happen to that member? nope…

There are ‘certain’ people, who you keep on constant pre mod, people who do sensible posts to help others out, yet those posts never get published either, just because they are ‘vocal’ on other sites does not mean they are rotton to the core…

Back to something thats been ignored…
Now can we see a link to Barries Truckalert on here please, as its for the good of drivers and thier bosses all over the UK, esp in these times of recession.

I have no idea what happened last time, Coddy, as it wasn’t me that put you on the list back then. You are the first and so far the only person that I personally have put on pre-mod.

Very few posts don’t get approved under pre-mod, although some may be edited if they are against the rules. Again, I can only speak for myself, but personally I’ve never “disapproved” anything.

There are some very good reasons why we don’t work with Barrie any more, but that’s between him and us and not something I’m going to get into on a public forum.