What is realistic

to expect to take home for Class 2, 50 hours per week (on days) in Kent?

Do I need my head tested if I think £350-400 is possible?

If so, what should I expect?

I know there are many variables that will determine a wage but if it’s possible to earn near it then that’s all I need to know.

Cheers

It depends if your able to walk into a job straight off , I would say you’d probably struggle to start with

That works out at only £7 - £8 per hour, which is rubbish IMO! The lowest hourly Class 2 rate I got via agencies was £9.25.

MickyB666:
That works out at only £7 - £8 per hour, which is rubbish IMO! The lowest hourly Class 2 rate I got via agencies was £9.25.

I’d be very happy with that.

I appreciate that the hours and money that I quoted means a low hourly rate but if it’s achievable, and if it’s possible to earn more per hour in the future, then I’d happily start with that.

you can get that driving a van so i’m sure you should be aiming for a lot higher.

I’m on £10.96 an hour class 2 but also get £60 a week bonus which = £12.36 an hour.

And it’s very rare to get ur bonus taken of u [emoji3]

Better wage than some class 1 drivers

In Kent the going rate for Class C would be between £9 and £11 an hour through agency so high £300s take home is achievable. Full time for a newbie at local companies like Brakes or Palmer and Harvey pay about £26K + but although a good starting point it is hard graft but good for getting some experience.
Good Luck

matt.robb2:
I’m on £10.96 an hour class 2 but also get £60 a week bonus which = £12.36 an hour.

That’s very decent! Good for you :slight_smile:

Can I ask, what are your hours/days like?

Cheers for the info guys.

I’ve looked at The Swain Group’s website and they seem a decent outfit. They even say they will take on trainees.

Do any of you on here know much about them? Hours/take home etc?

bazzyf:

matt.robb2:

That’s very decent! Good for you :slight_smile:

Can I ask, what are your hours/days like?

This is where it gets even better in my opinion I work 40 hours over 4 days.

My days are tues/thurs/fri/sat

5:30 start, go over 40 hours goes to time and a half go under 40 hours still get paid for 40 hours.

Family run business. They treat u better