What is it with Dover?

As i said, what is it with Dover, currently sat in the lanes waiting to board, but befor getting here it took 2 hours to get to the booths which made 16.00 :question: :question: then only to be told your on the 20.00 ferry to Dunkirk :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It seems even with the calais route DFDS offer they can´t cope :unamused:

I got to Dover at 15.50 and straight on the DFDS sailing at 16.45. Now sat in Calais waiting for 10pm so I can start heading South :slight_smile:

Sent from somewhere in France :slight_smile:

As I mentioned before…It’s the luck of the draw.

bigvern1:
As I mentioned before…It’s the luck of the draw.

Must be!! still sat doing nothing, at least it´s sunny :sunglasses:

Dover is on fast forward compared to how it used to be, you don’t even have to get out of the cab nowadays, think yourself lucky you ain’t got a 4hr standing on the steps session in front of you before you even get near the queue for a space on a boat :cry:

newmercman:
Dover is on fast forward compared to how it used to be, you don’t even have to get out of the cab nowadays, think yourself lucky you ain’t got a 4hr standing on the steps session in front of you before you even get near the queue for a space on a boat :cry:

Little bit before my time that mr newmercman!!

newmercman:

[/quote]

Britlad:

newmercman:

Little bit before my time that mr newmercman!!

See how lucky you are then :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

Aye an it were a 4 mile walk wi no shoes, in the snow, uphill both ways :grimacing:

and cue Hovis music… :stuck_out_tongue:

Eeeee by eck, well I remember Dover when you had to row the boat across, after waiting 4 days outside in a queue for a ticket

switchlogic:
Eeeee by eck, well I remember Dover when you had to row the boat across, after waiting 4 days outside in a queue for a ticket

aye but them were t’ days you could do 65 through Paris and meck up wot thee lost
:grimacing:

billybigrig:

switchlogic:

aye but them were t’ days you could do 65 through Paris and meck up wot thee lost
:grimacing:

You don’t know you’re born lad, appen we ad ta row across t’channel, unload t’wagin coz it were stuck on beach, drag it ashore using rope we med from us nostril airs, purrit back on wagin, then be in Milan t’day before we left…then we’d gerrus a belting for bein late, aye good times were them :laughing:

Can you remember this Mark? You were the last one off; you got stuck in the sand; then the tide came in.
Every other driver on the ferry came down and waded in; pulled you up the beach and straight into the pub car park.That was when every driver would always stop and help out.

ChrisArbon:
Oi Newmercman. Is this you■■?0

Can’t be ! No oars !

ChrisArbon:
Oi Newmercman. Is this you■■?

Can you really imagine that happening on the big green publicity stunt?

Ee S**t ducks and sailors!

newmercman:

Very true had some long waits in the sealing bays + walking back and forth to agents
when paperwork was not right.
regards dave.

Quick update decided to come back today via Calais, good choice, 7 wagons on the boat :smiley:

even hitler could not get into dover.

newmercman:

Gosh that brought back some memories, handing in the T forms!

Would probably be better if it was still like that though, arriving in Milan early Tuesday afternoon, handing the paperwork in and going on the pop with a load of other Brits…

Ahhh well them days are long gone, just distant memories of nights returning and parking up at Dover and going to the wheelhouse to watch and listen to the paddies arguing (no offence intended if you are a paddy) but i do have fond memories of how it used to be and how we all stuck together…Now U can’t get a mobile phone reception for 3 miles round Dover dock due to all the Static electricity generated from the Eastern European nylon shell suit bottoms…and heaven forbid its a wonder Capellan and Birchem are still whole just imagine if a group of Flip flops got together the spark generated from the handshakes could cause the whole place to go up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: