What is expected of us?

I recently started a job with a tipper firm,
it seems that i am expected to be flying about at 54mph(flat out) in a 40mph zone,
can any 1 tell me if this is the norm because i like the type of work but just dont like ripping the ■■■■ out of the law as it is my licence i want to protect.

I am a fairly new class 2 driver (had licence bout 1 1/2 years)and have had only 1 job previous to this with a timber company.

Any advice would be appreciated.

hello weedkiller,unfortunatley thats what most tipper companys expect of you mate.
my advise is take the job but stay legal,I.E. stick to the speed limits,driving hours,breaks ect.

when i took a job on eight leggers i pulled up in the quarry for a break and my (EX) :smiley: gaffer pulled along side and asked what i was doing :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth: he couldn`t do a thing about it exept try to make life very difficult but i stuck to my guns till something better came up and put the tacho on permanent break :laughing: :laughing:

thats odd…are you being serious? They want there drivers to break the speed limit? Why is this? Just so the drivers can get as much work done as possible?

Weedkiller:
I recently started a job with a tipper firm,
it seems that i am expected to be flying about at 54mph(flat out) in a 40mph zone,
can any 1 tell me if this is the norm because i like the type of work but just dont like ripping the [ZB] out of the law as it is my licence i want to protect.

I am a fairly new class 2 driver (had licence bout 1 1/2 years)and have had only 1 job previous to this with a timber company.

Any advice would be appreciated.

wot you mean 54mph in a 40 :exclamation: you can do 56 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seriously mate…who paid for the licence :question: the tipper company or you :wink:

stick to the law and if boss don’t like it then tough,tell him to do it himself end of story. :wink:

The only advice I can give WK is do what you know you want to do, thats seriously the buck stops with you. The drawback with this is that you’ll get a rough ride if theyre a bunch of cowboys. I did an 18month stint in a firm on artic bulkers that had the drivers breaking every law in the book, I didnt, but they made it hard for me because I didnt do the same loads as the other blokes.

My reply to you mate is change jobs, because at that rate you won’t have a choice without a licence :cry: Most tipper/ skip hire firms expect you to do a specific number of pick-ups. :wink:

I havent been racing around.
I dont mind bending law a little cos lets face it it…the traffic flows better, just not gonna smash it to pieces.

Just as well i didnt cos today there was a white van parked up with a speed camera placed nicely in front of his front bumper…didnt catch me hehe.

kitkat:
wot you mean 54mph in a 40 :exclamation: you can do 56 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seriously mate…who paid for the licence :question: the tipper company or you :wink:

stick to the law and if boss don’t like it then tough,tell him to do it himself end of story. :wink:

Totally agree with kitkat and the rest.
Don’t break the law because If you were
speeding and killed someone you are
the driver and totally responsible. I would
try to move on ASAP.