What is BULKBLOWING AND TIPPING

ANY INFO cheers

Things like powder tankers mate. People like Turners of Soham for instance. They carry powder for example, get to the delivery point, connect a pipe from them to the silo and use compressed air (generally) to pressurise their tank. Once all the valves are open the compressed air forces the load from the vehicle and into the delivery vessel. The tank is also usually tipped up at one end to ensure all the load is discharged.

cheers just missed out on poss chance of job ,but name kept on file as i am new class1 money wasnt great but training was given and it would of been experience gained in more ways than just driving BUGGER !

I started my HGV driving career on tipping powder tankers, I managed to get on with AK Transport in Ashbourne within a week of passing my test.

I don’t think there are that many tipping tanks left, mostly belly tanks now. It was a very easy job, I was mostly blowing cement powder at RMC depots or limestone granuals at united glass in Harlow.

The only bit I didn’t like was the nights out hence only doing the job for a year.

Now I still drive a Bulk tipper but most people class us as the scum of the roads, :smiley: better than being called a %anker in a tanker I suppose :smiley:

shortfatbaldbloke:
I started my HGV driving career on tipping powder tankers, I managed to get on with AK Transport in Ashbourne within a week of passing my test.

I don’t think there are that many tipping tanks left, mostly belly tanks now. It was a very easy job, I was mostly blowing cement powder at RMC depots or limestone granuals at united glass in Harlow.

The only bit I didn’t like was the nights out hence only doing the job for a year.

Now I still drive a Bulk tipper but most people class us as the scum of the roads, :smiley: better than being called a %anker in a tanker I suppose :smiley:

Shhh, was that the sound of a can of worms being opened? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Might also be things like animal feed, wood pellets etc. These work in a different way than powder tankers, and do tip up.

I run blowers for wood chip boiler fuel.

Apart from powder tankers, there are the bulk (bag in a box) boxes which are tipped by gravity into a rotary seal, Interbulk / UBC, Bertschi and Bulkhaul use them. The seal is pressurised and blown up the pipe.

Even coal can be blown up a stack into a hopper

Here is one someone prepared earlier. Ta :laughing:

shortfatbaldbloke:

nowt wrong wi bulk tipper drivers shortfatbaldbloke i’d go back to it tomorrow,like you say its better than being a W@@@@R in a tanker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
Shhh, was that the sound of a can of worms being opened? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

we run 8 wheeler bulk blowers and also artic bulk blowers on animal feed.

if you look on mos farms you will see big silver silos, these are for storage of pelletised animal feed.

If you take a job doing the feed it will certainly test your manouvering skills, most farms have put their delivery points to suit them not the delivery driver.

if you need a few pointers there is a few threads on here or pm me and i’ll try to help.
Theres a few others on here doing this work Gnasty Gnome being one .

if its farm work get a good set of overalls and wellies…you’ll need them

I thought BULKBLOWING was slang for ■■■■■■■■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I"m on bulk blower/tipper work on wheat for a well known cereal maker so much cleaner than the animal feed/farm delivers i used to do but i love the job.I have also done the vacuum/blower tankers too that was very entertaining lol :smiley: :smiley:

Carbon black,the powder they use to make tyres with,sooty stuff.