What is a Decent Rate for tramping these days

Just wondered what people were getting up and down the country and what was considered a reasonable rate.

No particular reason for asking and just kick the debate off my last job was £95 per day £22 overnight parking fees covered by company.

Downside was the overall atitude of the company managers :smiling_imp: route planning done by Stevie Wonder and hours were the maximum you can do legally :wink:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I wonder which company that was for!!!? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you shop around you can get £105 for doing that same job, but trust me, the guys in the transport office are a bunch of idiots.

I’d do it for £95 per shift if it was no more than 10hrs per day.

Rob K:
:twisted: :smiling_imp: I wonder which company that was for!!!? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you shop around you can get £105 for doing that same job, but trust me, the guys in the transport office are a bunch of idiots.

I’d do it for £95 per shift if it was no more than 10hrs per day.

I had an agency try and tell me this week that the hours for this particular outfit were 10 per day on average and believe me I did it for 8 weeks and without blowing my own trumpet I have been in this game long enough to know my way about, and most days were maximum hours.

As for the attitude of the headshed it was fairly poor trust me…I had a phone call one Monday morning from the gaffer saying I was a POD missing from a collection the previous week and that drivers who did not get PODS returned would not be payed.

I told him that I had in fact handed that signed POD in at debrief etc etc and that If he was not paying me I was about to leave his vehicle in the next layby …

20 mins later POD that was lost turned up in the office and the Fat controller had egg on his Face. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yep, been there, done it, got the T. I could tell you a few other horror stories about them too but as you’re not there anymore…

Which agency were you in through?

QRF Ossett

thecoder0:
QRF Ossett

Never had owt to do with them. I forget which agency it is now, but there’s a couple that pay £105 and I’m sure I saw one paying £110 once as well.

I do know that they the agencies a fixed rate and it was £130 per shift if I recall correctly as I found out from the TM there when I suggested going there direct self-employed.

Rob K:

thecoder0:
QRF Ossett

Never had owt to do with them. I forget which agency it is now, but there’s a couple that pay £105 and I’m sure I saw one paying £110 once as well.

I do know that they the agencies a fixed rate and it was £130 per shift if I recall correctly as I found out from the TM there when I suggested going there direct self-employed.

Sounds about right Rob I only originaly did this job for that particular agency for one week but stayed 8. I have since been offered £110 by a leeds agy but when I learned it was for UPS turned it down.

I don’t mind tramping its ■■■■■■■■■ I don’t like so UPS are out.

Looking for international work at moment if you know anywhere

cheers