What HIAB/Crane

Just wanted to know from genuine operators of heavy lifting units 40T+ per metre what crane company gives the best support etc. (price included) in the UK or Italy. Firm I run for wants single unit delivery ability and prepared to pay retainer for unit investment(requires company logo’s etc.) Crane prices scary alone let alone conversion any experience good or bad appreciated.

Been pointed down the FASSI route but need more info :smiley:

Thanks in advance to genuine replies :smiley:

I didn’t get much joy from Atlas last year, sure mine was only 10t/m but the company also had a 39t/m and that was never quite right from day one.

Just to second that our newer Atlas cranes don’t seem to be up to much compared to the older ones.

Round these parts Cormach seem to be the prefered brand, almost all the local operators of big cranes seem to use Cormach.

Ours is a Cormach, the dealer (ernest doe) is just down the road, and we can generally get bits when we need them OK.

Dunno about further afield though.

I do see quite a few EU motors with FASSI cranes though. Even saw a Ferrari one once.

pal of mine runs twelve crane wagons all fitted with pm cranes, uses a firm just off of j29 m1 (crane and hydraulic?)who are spot on for repairs etc and take it from me some of the lunatics he’s had working for him have created plenty of repairs, like the fella who pulled over to let a funeral pass going down a country lane, found he was stuck and burried the crane 4ft into the ground trying to push himself out before the oil ran out :open_mouth: i kid you not!
speaks very highly of the cranes in terms of actually doing the job, think his biggest is a 56 tonner.

what u c is what u get.good dealer good crane.