What have you acquired this week?

It’s been quite productive lately.

Last week on a site a bloke was moaning about some RSJ’s and a load of scaffolding that was making the place untidy. I resisted the temptation to weigh it in and took it took the yard where it it being cobbled together as a workshop / shelter structure for our fitter to work in. Trouble is the scaffolding was mainly short bits but did have load of clamps…

This week…

We discovered some surplus long lengths of scaffolding. And at a large defunct sporting venue in East London I collected a large roll of heavy felt underlay that will make some nice insulation for a partition wall I’m building.

Oh and I came across a handy spade too.

A box of matches; I can make fire 50+ times! For free! Result.

A 1989 lincoln town car.

Well!! Ive done shifts with two different clients this week and both seemed to have an abundance of wood lying around the yard. I have a wood burning stove and a pick-up and now have a free fuel source :smiley:

all untreated wood may I add.

for those with wood-burners dont be tempted with chep pallets etc, the chemicals build up residue in the chimney which then turns into a issue.

Crabs, and she seemed like a nice girl at first :open_mouth:

500 ltrs of ad blue, farmer sold his tractor that used ad blue and no longer needed it and asked how he should dispose of it, i told him i’d take it off his hands for nothing as my truck uses add blue, gaffer bought it off me for £100

green456:
Crabs, and she seemed like a nice girl at first :open_mouth:

Might need to acquire some Bics this week then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nothing this week…but i sometimes collect from a factory that makes ready meals(curry,chinese etc),and the bloke in charge always gives me loads of free grub.
it`s decent stuff as well…m&s,morrissons etc.

i used to deliver/collect fruit machines from arcades, and there used to be plenty of money down the back of the machines, had the keys 4 them, easy pickings. :laughing:

I got a box of dettol automatic dispensing handwash refills and 2 trays of eggs :confused:

10 pudding for nex week.and make spare key for my car for 55 pound :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue: :blush: This week i have acquired the following :grimacing:

Full time contract with company
£65 bill for tyres
Bill for road tax
Insurance bill
Free couple packs of coca cola (not stolen/theft or anything like that)

:slight_smile:

:open_mouth:

6 pack of salt &vinegar mccoys from KP Foods billingham

Bottle of whisky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Man flu. :frowning:

Pallets which i sell on for £1 a go

Pair of pipe grips left by the guys that had to repair our electric gates from when a driver (not one of ours), thought you had to press a button to exit.

He got out of cab, didn’t apply handbrake, so truck rolled into gates -twisting them on the ‘rails’ so they wouldn’t open. :blush:

sweated my bits off ■■■■■■■ 22 one ton pallets to the back of a chilled container for the forklift to to take off and he gave me a bag of grated cheese! wtf :laughing:

I’ve aquired more knowledge of the uk road network.

I work for a company that delivers to fish and chip shops, don’t drive every day but when I do make sure I know which places look after the drivers and seem to always turn up there around midday.

Tramping was healthier I think…