What has your LEFT leg done this week?

Each week we do lengthy journeys to the South of France and I have noticed that a couple of drivers I travel with end up almost unable to walk due to pain in their left leg.All drive automatics and with a TAG in the windscreen they are not required to move very much during the day just wondered if anyone else is suffering from Leftlegitus

In reply to your question, My left leg this week has had a nasty habit in going in front of my right leg is this Normal ?

Joking aside I drive an auto car and we travel to France & Spain mainly and I can sympathise with this I try to bend
my leg and rock my foot heel to toe as much as possible, with both legs when I can, the same as you are advised to do on
long haul flights.

You guys travelling in trucks have more leg room so I would suggest trying to jog on the spot (not literally you know what I mean) thats what I used to do driving trucks when the old bones started aching. Now they ache all the time !!!

Regards

This is a main reason why I hate Scania’s. There is no room in the left footwell, if they have the clutch then it is set at such an angle that you can’t get your foot behind it because the clutch is in the way of your shin, and the engine mount is right next to your foot. Now I have a theory about this, think about it being built by a European country who’s main build is left hookers… then replace your feet as if you were sitting in it, quite comfy now isn’t it !!! The accelerator is nice a low to the floor so you can put your right foot anywhere and stay comfy. Not the same as in the right ■■■■■■ !!!

The 4 series p cab was terrible for that as you say it seems to be from the lhd design.
To be fair on long distance if you are on motorways you wouldn’t be using the clutch much anyway. However I did find when I started doing a bit of distance work that I was very stiff after going 3 or 4 hours in the drivers seat.

Our Volvo FLs with the Renault cab are terrible for this. I try and stretch and move my leg as much as possible but find that after driving for about three hours I need to stop and get out to stretch them.

I would suggest they’re in danger of DVT. On long runs I wear flight socks to help the circulation in my legs, makes a hell of a difference.

I do miss a clutch, and epsecialy this time of year. Well done Mr brainbox who decided an auto box would work well in a wagon/HGV/LGV whatever you want to call it, now snow means misery instead of driver intelligence :exclamation: ■■■■ you. :imp: :imp:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Christ on a bike what the hell is wrong with drivers these days. Run out of things to whinge about :imp: Armagedon give the lazy tools a slap. :sunglasses:

Tell them to adjust their seats properly, stretch a bit while driving and take a quick stretch every few hours. 2 minutes to get there lazy arses out the cab won’t kill the job.

Before autos and tags we would often go for hours without the need to change gear and left hookers at the peages mean no need to move then either :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Armagedon:
Each week we do lengthy journeys to the South of France and I have noticed that a couple of drivers I travel with end up almost unable to walk due to pain in their left leg.All drive automatics and with a TAG in the windscreen they are not required to move very much during the day just wondered if anyone else is suffering from Leftlegitus

Teach them how to use the Cruise Control this should EVEN things up a bit. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Depending on how soft the drivers seat is,will be a factor also, I can remember once ,

Whilst only doing a run to Onnaing in france , i was in an old merc actros,complete with the tiptronic box the cruise control was broken, seat was hard, by the my right foot was killing my due to keeping the pedal to the metal, to keep it on the limiter ,

and my left leg from my left buttock was in some severe pain, partly due to my wallet pressing into me, and lack of comfort of the seat or bunk come to mention it, you didn’t have to get ■■■■■■ to get a good nights sleep in those trucks ,but it certainly helped

But in general my knees do sometimes seize up a little if sat in one position for hours

Having a form of athritus in my spine, exercise is king. Don’t exercise and pay the price. :frowning:

At least you haven’t got Atkinson knee.

I drive an automatic all day but I do not get any problems with my left leg this is because I don’t have one

cav551:
At least you haven’t got Atkinson knee.

What are the symptoms… woodworm? :smiley: :smiley:

motor i drive is auto (FH) my leg (nearly up to my knee) feels constantly twisted including the weekend, i dont even walk straight anymore. When i had left hookers (1-12 yrs) i never ever had a problem with left leg as there was plenty of space to move it around. The engine hump (or what there is of it in an FH) isnt straight, it goes in toward the pedals at the pedal end, so if you rest your foot against it, it will be pointing inward. LHD any day.

streaky:
I do miss a clutch, and epsecialy this time of year. Well done Mr brainbox who decided an auto box would work well in a wagon/HGV/LGV whatever you want to call it, now snow means misery instead of driver intelligence :exclamation: ■■■■ you. :imp: :imp:

Use your driver intelligence to work the box properly then. I’ve been using an i-shift for three years now on multo-drop work to farms in South Wales, and without wishing to brag I probably come across far worse road conditions than many; first winter I had the same misgivings I admit but once you get used to them they’re no worse for getting stuck than a manual.

Mine has kicked my daughters boyfriend up the arse twice for being such a ■■■■■■ :laughing:

gnasty gnome:

streaky:

Use your driver intelligence to work the box properly then. I’ve been using an i-shift for three years now on multo-drop work to farms in South Wales, and without wishing to brag I probably come across far worse road conditions than many; first winter I had the same misgivings I admit but once you get used to them they’re no worse for getting stuck than a manual.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You want to try an Axor. And stop bragging! :wink: