What happened to Vos Logistics in jedburgh

Was just wondering did Vos logistics close their uk office in jedburgh ■■ are there still uk based drivers?? :smiley:

From what I have heard the UK operation lost the pipe job at Jedburgh to Armstrongs, all the motors have gone back to majn depot at Oss, I know for a fact that Oss and Zeebrugge favour the Romanian and Hungarians double manning, and as far as I know no Brit drivers work for them anymore, a mate of mine reckoned a lot of their work went to Waberers.

I spoke to an English driver of theirs, on Portsmouth-Caen ferry. He said Vos were pulling out of UK, and was looking for other work. That was about June last year.

I was up in Oss not long ago and Harry Vos yard was full of old and a bunch of new units all with BG, LT AND PL plates were parked up, looks like maybe the bubble has burst for him now.

Sapper

sapper:
I was up in Oss not long ago and Harry Vos yard was full of old and a bunch of new units all with BG, LT AND PL plates were parked up, looks like maybe the bubble has burst for him now.

Sapper

Not sure whether his bubble has burst or not, it is still a fair sized operation with between 1250 and 1500 lorries and they are looking for Charters

Harry Vos / Vos Logistics had bad time during recession hit they lay off about 200 drivers even include Polish drivers!

Vos Logistic bought Euroad (Polish Haulage - well know company - orange MAN with blue drawbar tandems) on 2003 so they rely on Polish drivers and buy more Polish trucks fleet to replace Dutch, French and Belgian but of course they has keep some Dutch Vos trucks for domestic work. Vos Logistics was used to be big company and seen everywhere in Europe but not now they goes cutback like Willi Betz - due recession hit and more threat from new competives from Eastern European haulages like Waberers, CS Cargo etc…

Funny recent I saw some of Vos Slovakian & Polish trucks with Romanian drivers! they must be find Slovak or Poles are quite expensive to them! :astonished:

Seen a Vos yesterday going through Brum on M6 on a nl plate.

pavaroti:

:open_mouth: WOW, amazing :smiley:

Simon:

pavaroti:

it wasnt followed by a mortimers " eat more chips " was it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Simon:

pavaroti:

it wasnt followed by a mortimers " eat more chips " was it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Probably JD :smiley: , but I expect the spotter blinked at the wrong moment and didn’t see it.

I didn’t see any Mortimers wagons this week, I saw about 20 of Vos though.