What happened to driving skill/awareness

I blame video games, crash with no repercussions.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

Simon:

stu675:
gov.uk/government/publicati … e-vehicles
No idea if police see them as easy pickings or couldn’t care less.
Get your 50 60 70 signs plastered on the back!

The bit in the middle of that linked page Stu.

As a general rule, from the outside, these vehicles will look like the size of a car, but on the inside the vehicle will look like and function as a van

It is a van. It has an insulated fridge body inside, invisible from the outside except for a fridge unit on the roof. 2 sliding side doors, which don’t open, no rear side windows. Double doors on the back (with black glass) which open a good 90 degrees. It’s a van, I always knew it was a van.
But it looks like a car, which I thought was factory adapted to be a van. I couldn’t say which car, possibly the VW SUV. I know you don’t see VW Caddy cars, but that would be because people who buy VW SUVs wouldn’t want to drive a Caddy. So instead of the Tourgan(?) badge it was rebadged as Caddy. I obviously haven’t looked very deeply into this. It looks like a large car, therefore it IS a large car. I’ve never seen the V5 and wouldn’t have thought to look, to see if it was a CDV or not, even if I had :unamused: :unamused:

I think it’ll fall foul of the first part of the link 2ton GVW limit for CDVs.

I still like the idea to improve driving standards of doing away with silly things like ABS, traction control, airbags, seat belts and all manner of gadgets and simply replacing them with a 12 inch steel spike in the middle of the steering wheel pointing directly at the drivers face.

I heard it first from Jeremy Clarkson, but not sure if he came up with it.