What Does This Warning Light Mean?

Quick question, what does this warning light mean?

Different lock engaged.

Edit autos polling diff lock… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh dear how long have you been driving it with that light on :laughing:

merc0447:

Not far :laughing: I dropped in at a depot about 16 miles away from base and it came on then… what button did I press to get it to come on? (MAN TGA truck) - I checked the switches and didn’t notice any new ones lit up … Hmm I wonder if it is maybe the switch next to the one for the back of the cab light, I did reach into the cab to turn it on having forgot it. :confused:

Wossadiflockthen?

It locks the drive axle up enabling you to get out of mud or snow.

They should NEVER be engaged in any other circumstance other than those. Most difflock switches are protected by a seperate rocker switch which you have push in in order to engage them.

Maybe you have a sensor malfunction because driving with them engaged on a dry road will bounce you straight off the first sharp bend or roundabout you come across. Quite possibly shagging the drive axle in the process.

It means your boss is looking at a couple of grand for repairs to the drive train system if you keep driving!

merc0447:

Not uncommon for the electric sensor/switch mounted in the diff casing to suffer corrosion or…someone’s in for a long reverse.

I drove super steady on the way back because I was worried about it - I didn’t notice anything different in the way it drove, I reported it to the office and showed them the photo of the symbol - they said they would get it checked - hopefully it will be okay, I will have a look at the switch lay out for myself tonight to see if I could have pressed it in error - I checked them but not knowing what I was looking for I could of missed it.

I know this is the light the diff lock but what really confused me at work is that in 2 of our vehicles you use what would be the diff lock switch to engage the PTO and this symbol comes on! Made me wonder what was happening the first time I had to use it

and this is what comes out of the diff when its been run for a while with the diif lock on

burnley-si:
and this is what comes out of the diff when its been run for a while with the diif lock on

That bag would probably be less expensive filled with cocaine.

burnley-si:
and this is what comes out of the diff when its been left on

My bad - I won’t do that again then! :blush:

Does make you wonder with all the latest electronic brains that they don’t just switch it off after a preset time/speed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TGX blows the solenoid if you drive on a hard surface with diff lock in

(Dont ask how i know :blush: :laughing: )

chaversdad:
The TGX blows the solenoid if you drive on a hard surface with diff lock in

(Dont ask how i know :blush: :laughing: )

How do you know ? [emoji6]