What does this button do?

It’s a (O) with a sideways 8 in it… i this some sort of transmission brake in addition to the Jake? I drive an ERF ECT. 16 speed man if that makes any difference.

Thanks

its an ejector seat.be carefull with it. :sunglasses:

Is it a diff lock ?

press it then run away and hide. :smiley: :smiley:

Well i’m not sure but i’d guess if that "on it’s side number 8 "ever looks like it’s the right way up then that might be the optimum moment to press it. It can’t make things any worse! :laughing:

lol.

I’m guessing some kind of braking assist from something as other braking devices usually have symbols like (O) with something in the O. I’ll need to remember and press it to see if there are any additional noises coming from the piece of scrap.

… didn’t think 03 plate trucks could be so bad …

well an 8 lying on its side is the mathematical symbol for infinity…

niall_y:
well an 8 lying on its side is the mathematical symbol for infinity…

I knew you was a clever bloke from your avatar, which I have stolen & now use as my screensaver :wink: but mathematical symbols for infinity, I’m impressed :laughing:

03 plate TGA ERF/MAN.

If the switch you describing is what I think it is,iirc,it’s an exhaust brake switch,that when you have it in the on position,activates the exhaust brake,when you take your foot off the throttle.

Don’t forget you also have the 2 position exhaust brake lever,to the right of the steering wheel.

Ken.

Quinny:
03 plate TGA ERF/MAN.

If the switch you describing is what I think it is,iirc,it’s an exhaust brake switch,that when you have it in the on position,activates the exhaust brake,when you take your foot off the throttle.

Don’t forget you also have the 2 position exhaust brake lever,to the right of the steering wheel.

Ken.

Does an ERF ever go fast enough to need an engine brake :laughing:

newmercman:

Quinny:
03 plate TGA ERF/MAN.

Ken.

Does an ERF ever go fast enough to need an engine brake :laughing:

The one I have doesn’t…

Its’s a switch that tells you to read the handbook

aidey:

Very sensible.

If in doubt read the handbook.

Steve-o:
It’s a (O) with a sideways 8 in it… i this some sort of transmission brake in addition to the Jake? I drive an ERF ECT. 16 speed man if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Asideways 8 means infinity, but it’s a retarder I think

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

aidey:

Very sensible.

If in doubt read the handbook.

R T F M

ROTFLMAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have a MAN with one of the little buttons which you press with your left ankle. I find this a very awkward position. Does anyone know if this pedal just sends an electronic signal so I can wire up a simple switch on the dash to use instead?

Press it and wait for the bang :smiley:

aidey:

LOL.

Dont worry about its an ERF it wont work whatever its supposed to do.

Is it on this panel?.

http://www.truck-tables.co.uk/images/man_erf_xxl_xl.jpg

ohterry:

its an ejector seat.be carefull with it. :sunglasses:

lol :open_mouth: dnt let terry near it :wink: