What does the EDC warning light mean on a 03 Iveco Eurocargo

Just recently I posted a question regarding an engine problem I had with one of the trucks that I regulary drive and thanks to all who responded and because of the info I got from the posts I was able to get the truck sorted out and it is running right now. So thanks again fella’s :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I now need help with a problem I’m having with the other truck that I also drive regulary, again this is an IVECO 7.5 tonner but it is an 03 model with the ‘Tector’ engine and this is what is going on :confused: :confused:

Driving down the MWay at 56mph EDC light came on and the engine cut out! After about 10mins light went out and engine restarted but now if the engine is revved out of the green (2300 - 2400revs) the engine starts firing on 3 cylinders until it’s turned off again and then it runs ok.
Can anyone tell me what is going on??
Thanks in advance!

Regards
Dave Penn

blown fuse.

I think it could be a faulty injector.

i think injector…or is it another part is about to fall off :smiley:

I think I remember an 04 Stralis suffering a fuel pump failure which caused this light to come on. Is there any smoke?

The problem might be a bit simpler than the other posters have suggested… :wink:

IMHO, there are two key words in the OP, the first is EDC.

EDC stands for:

Extremely
Dodgy
Circuitry

The second key word is “IVECO,” so I’ll say no more :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

:open_mouth: I’m now wearing a Lucy proof steel helmet and flak jacket, and a spaceflight is already booked to take me to a distant galaxy. :grimacing:

IVECO, It Vibrates, Everything Comes Off.

I used to have the same problem with a M.A.N.
The fuel filter on the pump was clogged and was restricting the fuel supply.

Electronic Diesel Control,it controls the flow of diesel from the pump to the injectors,it needs re-setting on the computer,if it does it whilst on the road pull over apply handbrake switch off and leave for about 1min and re-start should sort it,but get it plugged in,it may be a fault with the ECU,thats the problem with all these computers on trucks,a blown bulb can sent the ECU into a hissy fit,good luck with it