What does it take to get a pull from DVSA

Truck passed me on the M6 this morning early on. No number plate on the rear of the unit, no number plate on the trailer, marker lights on trailer out on both sides. I thought it’s lucky it’s early as DVSA won’t be up yet, passed them sat there just before the Stafford check site and didn’t move. So either he wasn’t looking or he couldn’t be bothered or he was looking for something specific, either way I’d thought that would certainly catch their attention and what to dig deeper!

Rowley010:
Truck passed me on the M6 this morning early on. No number plate on the rear of the unit, no number plate on the trailer, marker lights on trailer out on both sides. I thought it’s lucky it’s early as DVSA won’t be up yet, passed them sat there just before the Stafford check site and didn’t move. So either he wasn’t looking or he couldn’t be bothered or he was looking for something specific, either way I’d thought that would certainly catch their attention and what to dig deeper!

mostly targetted stops now with randoms thrown in as for the truck you described it was maybe being followed covertly so they would be pre warned not too stop it or the vosa stopper was eating his bacon roll and reading the paper at the time it went past

Got pulled at Sutton Scotney. Galaxy was at the A30 slip. Pulled in front and took me in. Turned out, one of the lads had been and got breakfast for all of them. So I got pulled so that he could get his grub while still hot.

Stafford only tend to pull in foreigners.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Was it a “green light” firm??
Last “green light” firm I worked for were top notch on maintenance but shocking on drivers hours and standards of driving,you could of wiped out an old lady on a zebra crossing but if you didn’t brake harshly or use more fuel doing it you were fine :confused: :confused:

I got pulled once at Magor driving a relatively new unit pulling a relatively new trailer for a green light company and why they pulled me I don’t know just a random pull I’m guessing, they put me on the weighbridge and I was about 18 t as I was empty.

yorkshire terrier:
Last “green light” firm I worked for were top notch on maintenance but shocking on drivers hours and standards of driving,you could of wiped out an old lady on a zebra crossing but if you didn’t brake harshly or use more fuel doing it you were fine :confused: :confused:

From what I could tell from a quick glance at the front reg plate was that it was Irish registered, unmarked white unit pulling a goodfellas fridge.

My thoughts on what it takes boil down to three basic things; driving for a firm with a bad score, wrong place at the wrong time, or driving in a manner which draws attention to you.

Luckily for me the first one doesn’t apply, I endeavour to avoid the third one, and the second one hasn’t happened this century.

i got pull few years back had load at celcas in cardiff with coilf wire on a tautliner.they only pulled me to check i had strapped every one row and was happy a larry when he saw i had plenty on for job.tol me they had stopped 10 ee driver and everyone had one ■■■■■■■■ the back coil thats all.so mad them open up and strap up rest of them in front them.plus it was raining to

Rowley010:

yorkshire terrier:

From what I could tell from a quick glance at the front reg plate was that it was Irish registered, unmarked white unit pulling a goodfellas fridge.

that dont exactly narrow it down old chap…hardly a uncommon sight for the paddy plates.running like that just helps you blend in with the rest. :slight_smile: