what do you think

I wont say where i work just at the minute just in case.

there was a guy at wotk who was delivering to a place we deliver and he had to wait at the store, so he decided to take his break. he put night heater on and had a sleep. When he opened the door to get out, he collapsed to the ground, heart attack apparently due to carbon monoxide. he spent five days in hospital but i believe he is now out of hospital and doing ok.

I thought firstly that night heaters ran of some kinna storage heater thingy that the engine had to be running a while to heat up. but i have found out they actually run on diesel ( i dont use them) but i thought the engine had to be running a while for them to heat.

I also tought carbon monoxide came from gas.

This all may only be rumours that it was caused my carbon monoxide,what you all think.

a night heater vents its exhaust fumes through a small exhaust/pipe through the back of the cab.
a more common problem but still overlooked by a lot of drivers that can be dangerous is placing grease covered gloves down the side of the drivers seat near the vent where the hot air comes out of the night heater. these fumes can be lethal :question:

hope your friend gets well soon

wizardofoz:
I also tought carbon monoxide came from gas.

CO (carbon monoxide) comes about from incomplete burning of something carbon based, for example: coal (solid) / petrol (liquid) / propane (gas). That’s why you should have your boiler in your house serviced periodically.

CO also doesn’t smell and is colourless.

I’ve heard of drivers being poisoned in their cabs before. All it takes is the night heater exhaust to get blocked etc…and you’re not waking up!

It is pretty rare though.

Maybe an investment of £12.99 might give better piece of mind. CLICK HERE

BTW, night heaters are independent systems burning diesel (from the main fuel tank) as fuel, you don’t need the engine running.

from shrek–BTW, night heaters are independent systems burning diesel (from the main fuel tank) as fuel, you don’t need the engine running.

thats not quite right mate try doing that in winter conditions,
and there are a few heating systems around,which operate
from other sorces of energey