What do you think of this

Go to work for start time 8pm…
Trailer ant ready till 10
Poor planning
Pay is good when its right…Happens often that it ant!
Everything seems hit and miss ie go 40 miles out to be told no collection!!
People have left weekly…

This is how my place operates.Could you tolerate this?

I reckon this post is a bloody wind up.

Gembo:

So am i Expecting too much?
Granted i have 10 months class 2 experience and 11 month class1.

Point is when i go work at said time i want to do my checks,get paperwork and hook up and away i go,Not waiting everynight then be told to put my foot down to make slot time!

buses:
Poor planning
People have left weekly…

this stuff happens every day, in every operation. If it’s too much for you, it’s time to consider a career change

If you are getting paid sit quite say nowt, i have had shifts where i have sat 7 hours then gone out on overtime thats how they plan work fine by me.

Poor planning I can put up with, the moment they start messing with pay then I’ll leave.

Just need to make it clear to the planner… Truck isn’t loaded on time then don’t think for one minute your going to break your next getting to the deliveries on time… you go with the speed your allowed under the current road conditions…

End of the days its your licence, no theres

sayersy:

buses:
Poor planning
People have left weekly…

this stuff happens every day, in every operation. If it’s too much for you, it’s time to consider a career change

This stuff doesn’t happen everyday, the ones that need career change are the transport managers, planners, and owners of the business, as it is clearly too much for them to manage.
Wrong people in wrong jobs.
To OP, make sure you are getting paid by the hour, I know I would make sure I’m getting paid this way, anyway, otherwise you are the one paying for their poor management.

If your load is going to a hub, then its possible that the delays are created by those delivering to your company for onward delivery, i would imagine its in your companies interest to get the load on the road asap, if its a continual occurance then obviously a word in the planners ear wont go amiss, tell them delays are making it difficult to deliver on time, and that it keeps happening, if your getting paid a good wage for hanging about, put up with it and let them worry about late times.

Swampey2418:
Just need to make it clear to the planner… Truck isn’t loaded on time then don’t think for one minute your going to break your next getting to the deliveries on time… you go with the speed your allowed under the current road conditions…

End of the days its your licence, no theres

Agreed.
Start when they tell you to start, write it all down- start time, time you leave, time of arrival, etc, etc, if there’s loads of waiting around, get your head down, watch I player on your phone or Tablet, read a book, study stocks & shares (my little hobby) route plan your Motorhome Holiday to Scotland (my other project at the moment) or just sit & watch the Forkies take chunks out if your lift axle trim, your getting paid for it, if the office can’t plan it properly, it’s not your problem.

It happens all the time at the place im working out of ,and the moral of the story is kiddies…‘I dont give a s*** anymore on hourly pay,the meters running from when im through the door’

buses:
Poor planning
People have left weekly…

Yes because I know that stuff happens during a day that means a collection may not get to the depot on time or there may be a delay which means the motor I use gets back late.

In short, nowt unusual is happening. Its transport. The only thing guaranteed is the start time and you’ll be stopping either 13 or 15hrs later. Anything inbetween is a crap shoot.

mac12:
If you are getting paid sit quite say nowt, i have had shifts where i have sat 7 hours then gone out on overtime thats how they plan work fine by me.

This^^^^

You can make money while sat on your arse, wondering if they’ll always be so incompetent! (They will be)

I’ve made £100+ before now, sat drinking coffee and chatting to the girls in the office… to be told the unit’s broken down and to go home…

It’s how haulage is!

(which is why hourly rate is much better than salary!)

Nature of the job isn’t it? Doubt they wanted you sitting there. Maybe something went wrong in the chain whilst you were on way to work - supplier let them down on a collection, warehouse needing to do urgent transhipment due to a tech trailer delaying everything else, list is endless. If it goes on for hours and they still try and give you a job that needs a full duty then maybe worth working out a cut off time in your head where you need to be on the road and give them a heads up you’ll need a duty change (if a day man) so you can get round.

buses:

Gembo:

So am i Expecting too much?
Granted i have 10 months class 2 experience and 11 month class1.

Point is when i go work at said time i want to do my checks,get paperwork and hook up and away i go,Not waiting everynight then be told to put my foot down to make slot time!

You got the wrong Job.
Try Postman,delivering Mail going from Door to Door.

OK,now serious.
It’s the Customers which makes planing different and as newy you do what is left over.
Take it or lose it.

Truckulent:

mac12:

This^^^^

You can make money while sat on your arse, wondering if they’ll always be so incompetent! (They will be)

I’ve made £100+ before now, sat drinking coffee and chatting to the girls in the office… to be told the unit’s broken down and to go home…

It’s how haulage is!

(which is why hourly rate is much better than salary!)

^^^^^^ Yup! :sunglasses:

I don’t see a problem either. Sign on, work ■■■ hours, sign off. Who cares what happens in between.

peterm:
I don’t see a problem either. Sign on, work ■■■ hours, sign off. Who cares what happens in between.

correct :laughing: just a driver! :sunglasses: drive 4.5 hours .75 hours break and drive 4.5 hours again :grimacing: eat, sleep, DRIVE, repeat! :wink: not hard earning lots of pennies sat on RING! :smiley:

Starting at 7am presently. Not unusual to be leaving the yard at 10. Run sheet times are now irrelevant. Gets there when fate decrees. Hourly pay so bring it on. Im just too old and cynical to give a toss. The world keeps spinning and Ive still got a pulse. :slight_smile:

Easy money relax