What do you think of this job?

indeedhi.re/3QtQnqJ

I’ve been curious about this job for quite some time. They always seem to be hiring and claim to be paying really well.
Obviously a few red flags for me.

1- No mention of hourly/day rate.
2- To ensure that our drivers are always able to attain the highest income hmmm… So its wage based on how many loads you can do?
3 - Is it £1200 before or after tax lol? To me it kind of implies its after tax. But before tax would average about 62k a year.
And if its after tax your salary would be 94k a year which kinda seems highly unlikely lol.

That’s rubbish job
Drive like a nutter Al the time and stinking of rubbish

£1,200 is the max. (Up to…)
So maybe 6 days, including a Sunday, and a bank holiday, with 5 N/O payments, and max bonuses (however they are calculated?) grosses under £1,200?

But, if you`re curious ask them, not us.

Around £12.50-£13.50ph ■■ Days, tramping £14.50ph? Hours maxed out, plus bonus plus nights out etc.

You have nothing to lose by applying

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
Around £12.50-£13.50ph ■■ Days, tramping £14.50ph? Hours maxed out, plus bonus plus nights out etc.

You have nothing to lose by applying

Na, I don’t work for companies where the base salary is based on bonuses.

The red flag for me would be artic refuse bulkers.Theres a reason why the 8 wheeler rigid was the default choice.Tipping an artic trailer on soft uneven ground what could possibly go wrong.

Looks like a paid by load job. Max hours, early grave.

Or, if the wheels aren’t turning you ain’t earning.

£50k a year for hauling waste? That will not be an easy job.

Muck and graft involved, which immediately removes 90% of potential applicants.

If i wanted a tramping job i’d give them a call, i bet there’s no box ticking training/assessment spotlessly clean hivis types peering over your shoulder, and you won’t be going anywhere near an RDC holding cell.

Juddian:
i bet there’s no box ticking training/assessment spotlessly clean hivis types peering over your shoulder, and you won’t be going anywhere near an RDC holding cell.

I bet there’s also no adequate maintenance, defects go unfixed for weeks, if you have a breakdown you’re expected to bodge it to keep it running, plenty of running overweight and getting tugged into every open checkpoint you drive past. Owner has attended a few public inquiries over the years.

Carryfast:
The red flag for me would be artic refuse bulkers.Theres a reason why the 8 wheeler rigid was the default choice.Tipping an artic trailer on soft uneven ground what could possibly go wrong.

Walking floors are more commonly used for recycling work IME, much easier for tipping inside sheds.

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

Walking floors are more commonly used for recycling work IME, much easier for tipping inside sheds.

To be fair it’s also not going to involve handball regardless and at face value also seems like distance work.Well worth a job trial to see what it’s like.

Carryfast:

How much experience have you got, with semi-tippers?

Carryfast:

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

To be fair it’s also not going to involve handball regardless and at face value also seems like distance work.Well worth a job trial to see what it’s like.

Jesus, you don’t half come up with some rubbish on here( excuse the pun), have you heard the saying “better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it”
As has been explained, bulk refuse nowadays is either done with ejector or walking floor trailers. We know your relevance to modern transport (ie, in the last 30/40 yrs) is non existant but you keep on using your experience on a Local Council Seddon dustcart as some kind of benchmark. Give it up eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG47:

Carryfast:

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

Jesus, you don’t half come up with some rubbish on here( excuse the pun), have you heard the saying “better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it”
As has been explained, bulk refuse nowadays is either done with ejector or walking floor trailers. We know your relevance to modern transport (ie, in the last 30/40 yrs) is non existant but you keep on using your experience on a Local Council Seddon dustcart as some kind of benchmark. Give it up eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually drove a 4 wheeler Clydesdale cable type multift ro ro multilift refuse bulker as a county council driver not a local borough council dustcart driver.
While trying to get onto the private contractors 8 wheeler refuse bulkers like AJ Bull or Drinkwater’s was a dead mans shoes job.
Yes it was tippers then I’ve got no knowledge of walking floor etc technology.
But obviously it ain’t hard work either way.

Insinuation is if you breakdown you don’t get paid - mention of tyrefitters/mechanics on standby so down time is minimal - so thoughtful. :smiley:

You’ll earn every penny.

Socketset:
Insinuation is if you breakdown you don’t get paid - mention of tyrefitters/mechanics on standby so down time is minimal - so thoughtful. :smiley:

You’ll earn every penny.

Worst case scenario no load handling drive from A to B get paid £750 quid a week.
Possibly zero commuting costs.

Carryfast:

When have you seen an artic unit tipper on a landfill? Rubbish area is walking floors and ejectors. You would only have a tipper there if it’s tipping something like green waste in a concrete base area.

Up to £1,200 a week

Up to

Up . to

I say apply, get an interview, then find out as until you do it’s all speculation.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
I say apply, get an interview, then find out as until you do it’s all speculation.

Or rather than wasting time applying, getting an interview, booking a day’s leave/taking the day sick maybe just phone them or call in and say I’m interested in the job but I’d just like to know …