What Do You Reckon, People?

A woman in a Merc A Class type car overtook me near Wendover today, cut in and slowed down, flashing her indicators on and off. Sped up a bit and pulled into a layby then as I passed was waving frantically. Driving a tipper I checked my mirrors (sheet was over, nothing hanging off, tyres were fine etc) and carried on. Got to the tip, checked lorry, no problems and tipped the load off, checked lorry again.

Wonder if she was one of the “I’ve got a chipped 'screen, I’ll blame that tipper lorry” brigade, or was she cruisin’ for some layby fun? :laughing:
My lorry has no signwriting so no chance of phoning the customer or my boss…

Id say the stone in the screen type

Maybe trying to claim a new windscreen. Reminds me of a man who did the same when i was on the tippers, i got to a Government site where we were police checked in, the driver came running along to the gatehouse, waving his arms and shouting some of my load had smashed his windscreen, when i unsheeted, the police asked him to climb up the back wheel to look inside, after handing him a pair of gloves, to which he did, should have seen his face when he saw it was a load of CLAY…wish camera phones had been around then. :laughing: :laughing:

I did have to have a new windscreen due to a tipper a long time ago now was driving a van at the time he decided it was a good idea to overtake me ( yep I was keeping up with the traffic ) although it was slow moving on the York by pass I had to brake to let him back in & yep a half brick came off the back & hit my windscreen right at my eye level of course it was plain blue no writing on so couldnt call & yep he kept overtaking like that & yep other stones etc were being thrown off onto the road

No he did not have a net over but as I said must have been 15 years ago or so

Well there was no chance of anything blowing off my wagon; Sheeted up and I’d checked everything was well inside the body before I’d left.
If she was after a new 'screen, bet she was well peed off when she drove past to see there was no phone number to call. :smiling_imp:
I’m nigh on certain she wanted me to stop and hear her made up tale of woe, hence I disappeared out of sight.

Muckaway:
bet she was well peed off when she drove past to see there was no phone number to call.

Soon find out if she got your plate and the boys in blue turn up.

You missed an opportunity for an alfresco session lol

cannot beat the time driving up the A1 behind a tipper at 56mph and saw something flying thriugh the air and thought whats that, next thing an almighty bang on the passenger side windscreen,result,a hole in the screen and glass everywhere,all from half a brick that came from between his rear wheels,lorry was off the road for 3 days,i can laugh about it now but it crapped me up big time on the day

Tipper Tom:

HaHa just what I thought loads of bored housewives around (Bendover) Wendover & Aylesbury :laughing: :laughing:

karl67:

Muckaway:
bet she was well peed off when she drove past to see there was no phone number to call.

Soon find out if she got your plate and the boys in blue turn up.

They won’t be bothered unless she’s a relative of the Chief Constable! btw anonymous lorry is the best way to go saves a lot of aggro!

Tipper Tom:

Exactly, a posh bird was choking for it with a a bit of rough and Muckaway blew his chance. :wink:

Reminds me of when I was driving a tipper, boss got a phone call from upset car driver who said a stone had broken his windscreen and he had taken the number plate and phone number down. Boss called him back when I got in the yard and asked the chap… I see you have the reg number etc. would you happen to have the stone ? No replied matey… Well if you find the stone and it has the lorry reg. on it we can sort something out…I obviously don’t have the stone replied the bloke… Well best you go forth and multiply then…

Never heard no more from the mush. Haha

Seems a shame that Muckaway missed a golden opportunity to live up to his user name. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps she wanted to have your baby!

Could have been a cunning plan to hijack your skip load of rubbish, maybe she was new to hijacking,!!

RickyBB_recovery:
Could have been a cunning plan to hijack your skip load of rubbish, maybe she was new to hijacking,!!

The rubble did come from Beaconsfield so I guess it was an expensive property before it was pulled down. :laughing:

Muckaway:
A woman in a Merc A Class type car overtook me near Wendover today, cut in and slowed down, flashing her indicators on and off. Sped up a bit and pulled into a layby then as I passed was waving frantically. Driving a tipper I checked my mirrors (sheet was over, nothing hanging off, tyres were fine etc) and carried on. Got to the tip, checked lorry, no problems and tipped the load off, checked lorry again.

Wonder if she was one of the “I’ve got a chipped 'screen, I’ll blame that tipper lorry” brigade, or was she cruisin’ for some layby fun? :laughing:
My lorry has no signwriting so no chance of phoning the customer or my boss…

What did you do, carry on to a layby on the right hand side of the road ?

Did I ■■■■ Mike, keen to go home it was last load. :smiley:

I also think that she was looking for some rough trade.

Muckaway:
Did I [zb] Mike, keen to go home it was last load. :smiley:

Did Steve have your tea ready when you got in? :laughing: