What do you make of this crash?

To me, the camera vehicle is guilty of causing a collision- totally avoidable and just an idiot showing how much bravado they have. The 7.5t was trying his luck and by all means is just at fault.
Just makes you shudder to think what could have happened had the roads been busy with a 7.5t going out of control like that.

Do you see it the same as me or do you think camera truck is blameless?

youtu.be/VtQtNeYJDRI

WTF! :unamused: the 7.5t driver was not looking in mirrors properly as he started to pull in when only half his truck was passed the one with the camera
The 7.5t was totally in wrong by not checking mirrors etc

A collision occurs when there is a chain of events. Break that chain at any point and the collision doesn’t occur. Lane 1 truck could have eased off a bit and let him in (■■■■■■■ charter) but puddle jumper shouldn’t have changed lanes in that way. If I was to apportion blame, I would blame the action rather than the lack of action for the incident.

What it does do is explain the need for all them barriers and speed restrictions in roadworks that we all complain about.

The driver of the truck from which the footage was taken is at least equally at fault, he spent several seconds sounding the horn when what he needed to do was take his foot off of the accelerator pedal or at most make a very light brake application.

Obviously the driver of the 7.5t was at fault for pulling in, but the other driver appears to be more interested in blowing the horn rather than braking :frowning:

Even after contact he doesn’t seem to be slowing down :open_mouth:

It looks to me like yet another case of a driver preferring to have an accident rather than give ground.

Collision 1 - 7.5 tonner fault

Collision 2 - 7.5 tonner fault

Collision 3 - camera guys fault

Collision 4 - camera guys fault

Conclusion both a pair of ■■■■■■■■■■ 7.5 tonner started it and camera man finished it. I’m pretty sure both insurance companies would settle in camera mans favour though.

blue estate:
WTF! :unamused: the 7.5t driver was not looking in mirrors properly as he started to pull in when only half his truck was passed the one with the camera

He instigated it yeh, no argument.
One of these total twunts that I hate with a passion, who pull in on you too early
However, the dash cam guy could/should have taken evasive action by backing off a couple of clicks as it was crystal that the 7 and a half was going to cut in at all costs, but he thought ‘‘I’m in the right here, so ■■■■ it’’

To put in a nutshell one incompetent prick meets an arrogant self righteous prick…case closed, no further questions. :sunglasses:

robroy:
To put in a nutshell one incompetent prick meets an arrogant self righteous prick…case closed, no further questions. :sunglasses:

Yes, that’s the thing. When two drivers encounter each other, both of whom regard giving ground as a challenge to their manhood, then it is only ever destined to end in “tears before bedtime”

Harry Monk:

robroy:

Yes, that’s the thing. When two drivers encounter each other, both of whom regard giving ground as a challenge to their manhood, then it is only ever destined to end in “tears before bedtime”

Exactly! One of the many things in this job that sort the pro.s from the neverbe pro.s, and the drivers from the steerers.

robroy:

blue estate:

He instigated it yeh, no argument.
One of these total twunts that I hate with a passion, who pull in on you too early
However, the dash cam guy could/should have taken evasive action by backing off a couple of clicks as it was crystal that the 7 and a half was going to cut in at all costs, but he thought ‘‘I’m in the right here, so [zb] it’’

Yep I always drive that section with one foot over brake pedal , good job it wasn’t morning rush hour or carnage would have ensued

Don’t tell me the camera guy was trucker jay

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jay meets his…

Long lost cousin.

Both a pair of tools when all said and done. 7.5 mostly to blame for cutting the other truck up, but all he had to do was back off and let the twunt in and would have avoided it and the possibility of further carnage. Both should be prosecuted IMHO.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Both at fault… Hazard perception is part of the training process but it’s also a lot about common sense and any decent driver having enough imagination to foresee danger and act/ react accordingly.

Both gaining rapidly on the vehicle in front, did camera man speed up to ‘close the door’ on the 7.5 tonner? Even if camera man eased off they both be braking to avoid the one in front who appeared to make one flash of the hazards as the 7.5 tonner spun.

Much easier life to ease off/ brake and carry on to do whatever your job is in an undamaged vehicle whilst swearing a bit.

In the shipping world the fault is proportioned as no-one is ever totally blameless unless one of them is ■■■■■■■ to a quay and get smacked by the tother …

Two complete helmets, the puddle jumper driver was trying to force his way in to be 60ft further up the road and the driver with the dash cam was doing his best to prevent it.

Idiots like this are why insurance is so high, a totally avoidable incident. It was pure luck that nobody else got swept up in the mess too, that could’ve been really nasty if anybody else had been alongside.

I hope they both got sacked.

Notice how the truck with the dashcam doesn’t even bother to slow down for several seconds even though they’ve actually collided. He’s more interested in giving it big with the horn.

90% blame for the camera truck, you are not allowed to crash into others simply because they are making a mistake, it was obvious what was going to happen and the driver appeared to make no attempt to avoid the collision.
Camera truck driver - HGV licence chucked in dustbin for eternity
7.5 guy - 6 points + £100

what always puzzles me with these videos is; after reviewing his own driving video - he still doesnt get it.

Without a shadow of a doubt the guy in the white truck is to blame, he is paying no attention to the fact that he has not cleared the vehicle he is passing, yet another case of inexperienced boys trying to become drivers. In fact the guy needs a serious fine for that disgraceful move :angry: