What do you get?

now then im on about today good friday…

today is a bank holiday so it is double time and a day in lieu.

i ask cos i worked for a bloke once who said you work friday for normal time cos i give you monday and tuesday off instead. now the problem i had trying to make him understand is this…

good friday is a bank holiday not tuesday so i want double time and a day in lieu not tuesday off or if i was to have tuesday off it would be cos it was my day in lieu not because you tell me.
plus all my family and friends are off on friday and nobody i know is off tuesday, so no thanks il have friday off.

as it was i left before easter cos he was a ■■■■■■.

so back to the original question what do you get off.

im not interested in your rates just your opinion.

nothing

work all bank holidays as normal days and get days of in lue

jon

i like to have any 2 from the 3 not fussed fri mon or mon tue agree about the o/t if you work 2 out of the 3

Not to fussed. Girlfriend works 4 on 2 off doing a 6am to 2pm, so I try and sort myself out around that (in my favour when she has the painters in!). A day off midweek is the best time to do the shopping run — can’t stand the hassle on weekends. And I avoid the holiday mayhem on the roads whenever possible, unless the jobs paying top money :smiley:

Ive had today off, and it was like a Saturday, shops were busy, pubs were empty and everywhere I went there were blokes trying to sell bits of timber nailed together in the shape of a cross :stuck_out_tongue:

I would rather have been working :wink:

Not fussed, never have been about and never will be about getting extra for Bank Holidays, Saturdays or Sundays. It is just a day same as any other. Two kinds of days as far as I am concerned, working days and non working days and the day of the week they fall on is irrelevant. to me.

Wheel Nut:
everywhere I went there were blokes trying to sell bits of timber nailed together in the shape of a cross

What’s the deal with Christians and crosses? I would have thought if the bloke they all believe in does somehow come back the last thing he would want to be reminded of is a [zb] cross. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Ive had today off, and it was like a Saturday, shops were busy, pubs were empty and everywhere I went there were blokes trying to sell bits of timber nailed together in the shape of a cross :stuck_out_tongue:

there was a group of them dragging one of these cross shaped bits of wood around the villages yesterday :open_mouth: on of 'em had his shirt on backwards too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

can’t be a religous thing, it’s not Beltane yet :wink: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Good thread for a shrink’s word association games!

Truck Driver after more dosh for working a bank holiday turns to discussion on theology and pagan festivals? :open_mouth:

So Denis, are you in training for fire leaping and maypole dancing? I’ll avoid the west country on 01/05 ! :smiley:

I’m off from Friday to Monday.

John

makes me lauh with all the christians celebrating ‘Easter’ it’s actually a pagan festival, which is why it’s called easter :laughing:

Anyway i just get the bank hols off and dont work weekends obviously.

Tesco had this stupid pro rata thing, if you worked more than a 5th of your working week on a Monday (or friday) then you had the bank hol off, but you then owed them time!

The Easter holiday in the Leeds/Bradford area 45 years ago was always Monday and Tuesday, Good Friday was a normal working day. I’m not sure why this happened, or when it changed to what we have now, but I guess some firms are still in the dark ages.

I don’t know what I’ll get. Pay and weekend/overtime/etc. rates seems to vary based on the client. Last time I worked Good Friday I got double time (Plymouth @ £17/hr - woohoo!). I’ll see what I get this time…

For us it depends what shift you are on, whether you cross over past midnight, whether you want a day in lieu, and so on.

But essentially, you get 12 hours at Sunday rate guaranteed, plus 12 hours pay or a day in lieu.

If you happen to work more than 12 hours you get paid the difference extra.

For me personally it works out at £313.92 for Friday and again for Monday. I don’t really want any days in lieu because I work Fridays and Mondays anyway.

I used to get treble time for Friday and treble time for Monday but now that Exhell have taken over the contract we get ■■■■ all so i just book it off as part of my years holiday.

At our place, Good Friday (or any Bank Holiday for that fact) is worked at the normal hourly rate + a day in lieu.

nowt, but being self employed is probably the reason :laughing:

although I do try to avoid bank holidays, unless I really want to play a game of Watch the grockle try to find reverse on a single track road ( with extra points if they manage to hit both hedges while reversing) :laughing: :laughing: