What do you do for overnight safety?

chaversdad:
dont have much to say on overnight safety but stevie…where did you get that avatar from : :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I was thinkin that too !! But as regards saftey i’m like jayeastanglia, just park up and don’t worry about it. The only time i would be concerned is if someone knocked on my door or pulled the handle. Time to start putting ya boots on then :smiley:

Simple. Lock the doors, close the curtains, go to sleep.

If they want anything they’ll get it and all responsible firms these days tell you not to get involved, just ring the police and sit it out.

I might stretch as far to using the video on the phone ing u fthe curtains into the mirroroer than that, hide like a coward. I like my ugly mush ugly, not super-ugly mangled.

Oh, and I’m sensible about where I park. Major well lit CCTV covered MSAs that charge a small fortune, and claim the costs back.

el gordo 78:

If they want anything they’ll get it and all responsible firms these days tell you not to get involved, just ring the police and sit it out.

I might stretch as far to using the video on the phone ing u fthe curtains into the mirroroer than that, hide like a coward. I like my ugly mush ugly, not super-ugly mangled.

Oh, and I’m sensible about where I park. Major well lit CCTV covered MSAs that charge a small fortune, and claim the costs back.

And which MSAs are those then? :unamused:

park up stick the perimiter alarm on and thats it if someone want to nick the diesel or the load its not my problem (obviously i’ll have the trailer bull locked and padlocked if loaded i wouldnt be gettin out the cab to stop any one messing with em tho)

Once heard some scrotes creeping about my fuel tank in the dead of night after a quick peer out i noticed their pick up behind me.
25 ton of steel on a flat slight incline handbrake off one knackered pick up.
Back to sleep no diesel gone just a few bits of wreckage around the underun bar.

when i worked for P&O/ GBE i accquired a load of adr stickers.

this one seemed to keep people away from trailer when i parked up in UK

andy187:
when i worked for P&O/ GBE i accquired a load of adr stickers.

this one seemed to keep people away from trailer when i parked up in UK

genius :smiley:

I prefer working nights, it’s the daylight I dont like. Give me a full moon and I’m happy as a wolf in sheeps clothing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fastrantiger:
I prefer working nights, it’s the daylight I dont like. Give me a full moon and I’m happy as a wolf in sheeps clothing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As regards nights out. I’m not sure whether I’ve a hell of a lot of respect for you guys or you’re all bloody fools. :confused: :confused:

Did one night out in Jan 2007 and two in 2006. Never again!
Don’t see the point in having a very nice house and a brand new bed and sleeping in a shed.

But good luck to you guys who do it.

Stan

Coffeeholic:
Other than choosing the parking place with a little thought, nothing. If crap is gonna happen it’s gonna happen regardless of locks and stuff.

Its easy to say that neil when your cooped up in a cosy DHL depot…
:astonished: :laughing: :laughing:
No hang on … no its cosy in a DHL depot when all yoy have for company is CSI vegas… Criminal Minds and George Carlin Mpegs…
and of course il fitting trousers!!!
Any way you only sleep 2 houes a night with one eye open!!

Rob K:

el gordo 78:

And which MSAs are those then? :unamused:

Most have CCTV now, you can see the little black hemi-domes on false lamp-posts usually, and attached to the service buildings.
As for lighting, judging by the need to sleep with my head under a t-shirt most of the time to block light out, again most are well lit.

Some are crap like the ones on the M62 and up in scotchland, but in the most part I find them to be pretty decent.

Apart from Gordano which is ■■■■■ central.

Used to do nights out, never had any hassles, tho when i was parked up was always with an empty trailer. Used to mainly park in industrial estates, occasionally as a last resort if stuck park in a layby.

Only time ive had hassle on nights was a night trunk i used to do. Glasgow to Gateshead, depot opened at 4.30am down there but could be down there for about 3.30am so used to get an hours sleep if i was tired or watch a DVD.

One night was lieing half asleep and heard a noise and there was a guy in his teens staring in the drivers window, had climbed up. I jumped up and banged on the window he crapped himself and fell off, he seemed to hurt himself from the noise coming from him. Looked out and there was three others around the truck, i just started the engine and drove off, when the engine started they ran off.

To be honest get a lot more hassle and grieve doing dayshift espec if its class 2 delivering to houses and blocks of flats in some areas. Some estates you drive into gangs of kids are waiting on a truck or van coming in and will follow you about, waiting for a chance to rob you cause they know you got electrical goods more than likely. So many people ive worked with have parked gone in delivered somthing come back literally a few minutes later truck window smashed just to steal packet of ■■■■.

Especially if your delivering to high rise flats, you go up to the higher floors and discover the kids have jammed the lifts, so your stuck up there watching them rob your truck.

Doing 7.5ton years ago we used to hammer up the road to get certain parts of Glasgow done before the junkies got outta bed, because if you got there late they would be on the streets and you would get nothing but hassle.

I put a picture of me in my pj’s in the window - no-one ever bothers me :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

This is something I have been thinking about recently.

Baseball bats and the like are a big NO NO, offensive weapon and all thet.

BUT, think about that a driver carries in the cab all the time that can be adapted for self defence.

WD40, in the eyes, would really make it difficult for them to see you, or you could use a spray deoderant. Far more effective than CS or pepper spray.

How many of you carry a torch, why not get one of these multi mega million candlepower torches that you can pick up for just a few quid, flash that in their eyes, they won’t be worrying you anymore, because you’ll have just stuffed up their eyesight for quite awhile.

Dratsabasti:
This is something I have been thinking about recently.

Baseball bats and the like are a big NO NO, offensive weapon and all thet.

Not necessarily, if you’ve got the glove and ball , to go with the bat, it’s sport equipment to use while waiting at that RDC. :open_mouth: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Dratsabasti:
BUT, think about that a driver carries in the cab all the time that can be adapted for self defence.

WD40, in the eyes, would really make it difficult for them to see you, or you could use a spray deoderant. Far more effective than CS or pepper spray.

How many of you carry a torch, why not get one of these multi mega million candlepower torches that you can pick up for just a few quid, flash that in their eyes, they won’t be worrying you anymore, because you’ll have just stuffed up their eyesight for quite awhile.

And if it’s a proper, 95 cell aluminium bodied torch. While they are stumbling around, trying to see, you can give then a good hiding with your torch. :smiley:

big maglite, job done

Simon:
Not necessarily, if you’ve got the glove and ball , to go with the bat, it’s sport equipment to use while waiting at that RDC. :open_mouth: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Then when nobody’s looking, steal a motorbike and use it to jump the fence :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: