What do these signs mean?

saw these two signs last week, the first one is something to do with tankers in the rain? the second i see quite a lot in tippers in germany and wondered what it meant, any answers welcome!!

is the first one not something to do with vehicles carrying hazardous

The ‘A’ on the tipper means ABFAL, not sure of the spelling, but it means that it is a waste carrier.

I think the first one is te maximum speed limit for a hazardous on the road in wet conditions, (or maybe very wet) or maybe tankers must use the river at 50km/h :laughing:

I’m sure I used to see the first one ,or very close,in Germany sometimes with ‘wasserschutzgebiet’ written underneath.I was told this means ‘water protection zone’,so I’ve always taken it to mean-Don’t leak round here’! :slight_smile:

Correct as regards as area under water protection, for the next
5 kilometres,You are warned that the area ,s water catchment is not allowed
to be contaminated ,

right also this LINK-1

also this LINK-2

hope this helps out a bit, also this as addition LINK-3
this is still in German you can use google to translate it though,

muckles:
I think the first one is te maximum speed limit for a hazardous on the road in wet conditions, (or maybe very wet) or maybe tankers must use the river at 50km/h :laughing:

i thought about the river as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’ve always wondered with those wasserschutzgebeit signs/areas, does anyone actually choose where to have a chemical leak anyway - you must wait until out of the area to have an accident and lose all your diesel? :unamused:

jj72:
i’ve always wondered with those wasserschutzgebeit signs/areas, does anyone actually choose where to have a chemical leak anyway - you must wait until out of the area to have an accident and lose all your diesel? :unamused:

I understand the one pictured with the 50kmh sign above it but there are many without speed restriction, especially in the Black Forest area or along the Mosel valley.

I remember a drink fuelled discussion after passing Plzen carrying hazardous with someone more knowledgeable, telling me that you could not use the motorway. You could, and the signs were only telling you that it was a water protection area close to a reservoir.

Photo of the blue lorry is taken in France.

The first sign means that speed limit apply for the vehicles carrying stuff which might contaminate water.

This signs you can meet in Germany and in Poland near the places from where drinking water is taken to the cities.

toby1234abc:
Photo of the blue lorry is taken in France.

quite correct toby its the motorway from belfort to mulhouse on the way to germany

i don’t like the red car overtaking the truck sign in germany.
well i thought someone had seen sense for once. i thought it meant cars were not allowed to overtake trucks. :laughing:
well i got the message when all these german blokes were waving at me in an unfriendly manner.

jj72:

No.

To some area chemical tankers have simply no access (see a sign I posted here). In this case posted in first post they just want you to drive slower and careful, as if you will go off the road when carrying, say, Rolls Royces, it will be not a problem, but if you will go out the road and your chemical stuff will leak to the ground as aresult of that - that’s the problem :wink: